Chapter 1

Hey! We are 3 girls writing our first fan fic! So please if you have any constructive criticism please comment below! The first chapter is only short but hopefully the next few will be longer! Only one of us will be writing each chapter but we all wrote this one so enjoy! Xx

*****************************

Skye's POV

I was on my way home from the studio finishing off one of the classes I teach. I was hoping to get back to my apartment, have a shower and go to sleep. Usually my dreams were actually nightmares because of one blue-eyed boy.

My apartment wasn't too far away from the studio so I usually walk there and back. Walking past the old bakery, memories came rushing back of the times I spent with "him". We would go to the local bakery everyday after school and there would always be something different to try. 'No, what am I doing? He left. He forgot about me. Why do I still care about him?' I say to myself as I keep my head down and walk past the bakery, leaving the memories behind.

Walking past my letterbox I notice a rather large envelope, addressed to me. I pick it up, not bothering to notice who it's from, and walk into my fairly large apartment. I place the letter on the kitchen bench, have a shower, get into bed, ready to face the nightmares that are actually memories.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I get up at 6am getting ready for my early morning run. I love to run it feels like I have freedom and I can just think with no one bothering me. As I turn on the tv something comes up. The blood started to drain from my face making me look even whiter than usual. I didn't expect it in the slightest.

My stomach dropped.

What I expected was the news, you know, maybe a report on the weather, a car crash, the soccer. Not the one boy who meant the most to me, who left me.

I understand he wanted to follow his dreams but we were best friends for 16 years. He was practically my brother. My brother who left me for fame and didn't even bother to keep in contact. Wow.

The story was about how he had made it past bootcamp in 'X-factor' and along the way had been put into a 'boy band' called "One Direction". In the photos they had shown the band seemed to consist of 5 boys, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik and of course the Irish boy I had grown up with, Niall Horan. Wow, he looks so different. New clothes, new style and of course new friends.

From what I can see, I have been replaced. No surprise there, I saw it coming but now it's arrived I'm quite shocked and upset.

************************