𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣: 𝘽𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙

tw// blood/gore, derealization(??) and i think that's it

Windshield wipers brushed the raindrops off of the windshield. The raindrops on the side windows dripped down, some combining with others to make bigger raindrops. There was a constant pitter-patter that soothed the person driving the car. It was white and had no wheels, but no cars had wheels in this era. Unless it was made before 2056, which was the year the first prototype of the hover-car was introduced to the public. Instead of four wheels, the hover-car had four devices on the bottom of the car, replacing the four wheels. If you had enough money you could even buy LED lights. This car had light blue lights underneath it.

The car came to a stop when it was brought to a small building. There was a scanner on the outside wall. The driver of the care dig around the box that held mostly candy wrappers or papers, but eventually found a plastic tab with several numbers on it. He rolled down the window and brought the tag close to the screen. Luckily, there was a roof over their heads so no rain touched the driver. There was a soft noise, but eventually the scanner glowed a bright shade of green. "Hello, the first step of verification has been successful. Do you own a house here, or are you visiting an owner?"

"I'm a visitor."

"Please state the number of the house you are looking for."

"Fifty-Three."

"Thank you. The last step of verification is to scan your hand print. Please press your right hand onto the screen."

The driver always had trouble with this. He barely knew his lefts and rights. He put his hand into an 'L' shape and finally found his left hand. The driver reached out of the car to let the scanner do its thing. There was a ding. "You have been recognized as a common visitor. You may proceed."

The large gates in front of the car were opened without any sort of screech. They were modern, made out of iron. This neighborhood was very modern. It was usually celebrities that owned a house here. Every house in this neighborhood was a mansion with three or more floors. The one who drove the car always wondered why someone would need that much space. But... this place was nice and decorated, and the privacy and security made the residents at peace.

There were security guards that wandered around the neighborhood, protecting people from thieves and those who meant no good towards the people. It's surprising how many attempted assassinations were stopped. The only crime that got past the guards was a simple robbery, and since then the security has gone way up. Over something as little as that. Only one thing was stolen.

Rain drops fell onto the hood of the car as the driver drive the car up the curvy roads. All of the houses were fancy, and he still wonders how much money all of this costs. The neighborhood owner must be like... a quadrillionare —or whatever that's called— to make this neighborhood.

Hallway towards his destination, he was stopped by a guard. The car went to a stop and parked in the corner. The guard walked up to the window and the driver pulled his window down so he could hear what they had to say. "Hello, sir," they spoke in a polite, yet firm manner. "These following questions are required for the safety of the residents."

The driver has been through this millions of times before. Luckily, they're usually three minutes or less if everything goes right. "Alright." The driver replied.

"Which house will you be visiting?"

"Fifty-Three."

"Do you have any weapons with you?"

"Uh... yes. I have a pistol in the back."

The guard tipped their head down. "Do you have permission to bring this here?"