𝑅𝑒𝓊𝓃𝒾𝓉𝑒𝒹 | 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷

𝘚𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘰𝘸, 𝘵𝘸𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳. His 𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘺 𝘭𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘴 𝘦𝘤𝘩𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘯 his 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦.

***

Sophomores. It's weird, this is the last year that I won't have to worry about college. Turning to my friends, I laughed to myself thinking of the memories we had made, and the memories that were waiting to be made.

"Another awesome year! Isn't it great?" Bennett exclaimed, grabbing onto Razor's arm. His eyes were filled with excitement. Fischl chuckled.

"Quite forseen, shall I say. For I, Prinzessin der Veru-"

"Oh shush. No time for monologuing, we're gonna be late!" I scolded, catching Fischl's glare. I swung open the car door and grabbed my tote bag, swinging it over my shoulder.

"Cmon you guys!" I turned towards Fischl's car, beckoning my friends to join me as I entered the building.

We ambled into the building together, waving to our classmates and giggling at the lost freshmen. Luckily, we all had the same first period class.

"Government Studies with Ms. Ningguang, hm?" I muttered. Bennett locked eyes with me, clearly nervous.

"Oh man, I've heard she's really strict.."

"Don't worry! Razor with you!" Razor grabbed Bennett's shoulders. I turned to Fischl and laughed.

"You guys, we really have to get going! You don't wanna see Ms. Ningguang angry, Bennett!" I teased. He jumped and started walking to class. The rest of us quickly followed and found our homeroom.

***    

"Yes! Four person tables!" Bennett pumped a fist in the air.

"Ah, ow!" A boy with braids rubbed his face.

"Oh Bennett, you've done it," I whisper to Bennett, his face drained of color.

"Aha, that's my luck! Sorry 'bout that!" Bennett said to the boy. He was oddly familiar, something about him striking me with nostalgia. Most notably, the flowers embroidered on his uniform jacket's collar. The boy laughed a bit.

"Don't worry... Hey.. Hey!" I snapped out of my daze and looked him in the eye. He playfully smirked at me.

"Can't keep your eyes away, hm?" My face flushed red and I took a step back. Fischl snickered.

"What the- No, shut up," I turned away from him, still feeling his stare. That friendly banter made him all the more familiar.

"Oh, you like my flowers? I did it myself," He explained. I turned back to him, observing his facial features, as Ms. Ningguang came into the room.

"Alright, sit down class," Her voice was clear and formal. Bennett, Razor, Fischl and I sat down at the nearest table. My eyes were still fixed upon that boy, sitting at a table with a few other boys.

"Now, I do have assigned seats for you all," The class groaned as Ms. Ningguang put a seating chart on the board, "Stop the groaning and sit according to this seating chart."

I found my seat, a table at the back corner. I got there about the same time as a girl with blue hair and a bear keychain. She warmly smiled and waved at me before sitting down. I sat next to her as a boy with some novel approached, ignoring us as he sat down two seats away from me.

"Oh, is this everyone?" The girl with the bear keychain chimed. Just as she said that, one more person came to sit next to me.

"Ah, so we meet again!" The boy with the braids sat next to me, leaning his head on his hand. I sighed.

"Bennett, fix your tie. Put down the book, Xingqiu. Razor, make your hair look acceptable. And Venti..." Ms. Ningguang sauntered over to our table, leaning towards Venti and noticing the embroidery on his jacket.

"Destroying your uniform on your first day? Principal's office."

𝘏𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘢𝘺, 𝘩𝘶𝘩? 𝘕𝘰 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘶𝘴.

"Hey, what's wrong with it! I spend good time on this," He said with a smile. I exchanged nervous glances with the bear-keychain girl. Ms. Ningguang leaned away from him with a serious expression.

"Don't make me say it again, Venti."

𝘚𝘰 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘝𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪... 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵...?!

***

Chapter 1: END

***
(𝙃𝙚𝙮 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚! 𝙎𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖 𝙗𝙞𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧. 𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨 𝙨𝙤 𝙢𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮, 𝙄 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙞𝙩! 𝙔𝙚𝙨, 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙡𝙤𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙗𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙮 𝙘𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙝𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙩. 𝙄 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙪𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙞𝙧𝙡𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙡𝙮, 𝙨𝙤 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙞𝙘! 𝙃𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣! 💙)