𝒳𝒾𝒶𝑜 | 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽

It was all new to him. New house, new place, new school, new people. It didn't help that he had never even been to a city before, and now he was living in one. He was always good at making friends, so school wouldn't be a problem for him. He had no way of knowing that he would be labeled as weird almost instantly.

That is, until he met Xiao.

***

I sat across from Bennett, next to Xiangling and Fischl. A pile of napkins sat in front of Bennett, as Fischl and I attempted to clean the ice cream from Bennett's uniform.

"Sooo, Y/n! You and Venti-"

"I hate him," I interrupted Xiangling. Everyone at the table froze, turning to me.

"Lovers Qua-"

"Look, I just hate him, okay?" I snapped. I looked back to Venti and Xiao, still talking. Venti glanced at me with a charming smile.

That charm won't work on me anymore.

I sharply looked away again, furrowing my brow. Xiangling giggled.

"Weren't you guys just holding hands?" She questioned, "Why the sudden change?"

"I think it's that boy, the one Venti's talking to," Chongyun said quietly. Everyone looked at Xiao.

"Oh yeah, I saw him in line!" Bennett claimed. Razor nodded.

"He isn't all that bad looking, is he?" Xiangling said.

"A fine sight, I must agree," Fischl quipped.

"Won't you guys shut up! He's horrible,"  I shouted; louder than I hoped, as Venti and Xiao turned towards me with a curious look. I made sure to avoid eye contact.

I felt two warm arms wrap around me from behind.

"At least get to know him!" Venti laughed in my ear.
I tried to free myself from his hug, eventually pushing him away from me. I stood up and began walking towards the exit, ice cream in hand.

He followed after me, trying to catch up. He grabbed me by the shoulder,

"Hey, Y/n-"

SPLAT.

***

Before I could stop myself, I plunged my ice cream forward, smearing it on Venti's uniform.

That's what he gets.

I stormed off, picking up my pace when I noticed more footsteps behind me.

"Can't you just buzz off?" I twisted around, enraged at him. The F/I/C stain was prominently spread across his chest. It was gonna take a lot more than one wash to clean that.

"Come on, he's my friend from mid-"

"My replacement? After you left me?"

"Let me talk, okay? When I left for middle school, I met him! We were never as close as the two of us," He tried to explain.

"But... we were holding hands and..."

"I saw him, and I haven't in a while. I just wanted to catch up, not hurt you."

I was wrong, then. I didn't want to admit it, but I was. And I felt bad.

"Let me clean your uniform," I mumbled, almost indistinguishable to anyone other than myself.

"Hm?"

"I'm gonna clean your uniform. You're gonna come to my house, okay?" He looked hesitant, so I grabbed his hand and dragged him towards my house.

"Do I have any other choice?"

(WELL THIS WAS DELAYED!!!! All my apologies, I was really burnt out and just couldn't post on Friday. I WONT DO IT AGAIN FAM

also.... Oh. My. God. OVER 300 READSSSSS!!! THANK U ALLLL LOVE U)

(hi matt lol)