𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒮𝓅𝑜𝓉 | 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿

Though their personalities remained quite different, one thing always stayed the same. Their meeting spot. A silent field, sprinkled with blossoming wildflowers. A winding stream crossed through some woods into the field, lined with rocks. They met there daily, seeming to never run out of conversations.

***

I released my grip from his neck, placing both hands on his chest to push him away. He stumbled back, as his facial expression quickly drooped. He recognized the voice.

My mother.

My eyes widened as I faced her. She wore a stern expression on her face. I should have been more careful.

"Mom, its not what it lo-"

"Get out of my house," Her voice was grave as she spoke to Venti. I shot him a worried look, responded to with a nod. He hurried himself out the front door.

"Mind explaining why he was here?" Mom asked with a condescending tone.

"He's a friend. Is that such a problem? You let Bennett come ove-"

"That's different," She interrupted, "Bennett's a good kid. But why him?!"

"Mom, why is this such a problem?" I practically shouted.

She grew quiet. I felt a wave of emotions—mostly fear—rush over me. The room seemed cold, as if a blanket of ice and fear had been draped over us. I shuddered.

"He moved back, I see. I wonder why that was," She said quietly, with a sudden change of mood. I remained still.

"Do you plan on telling me why he was here?" She asked, carrying a calmer demeanor.

"He got ice cream on his uniform," I replied, "Well, I guess I got it on his uniform."

"Can't blame you," She chuckled. Looking for an escape from the awkward conversation, I realized something.

"Oh, he left his uniform here!" I rushed to the washing machine, grabbing the clean uniform.

"Can I bring it back to him?" I asked, silently wishing that she would say yes. Luckily, she did. I bolted through the front door. Somehow, I knew exactly where he would be.

***

I pushed branches aside, leaves crunching beneath my feet. The leaves were starting to turn orange and eventually fall. I ducked under vines, guided by the sound of a lyre.

I turned my head upwards, catching sight of Venti's dark hair. The playing stopped. He twisted around, noticing me with a small smile.

"Good to know that your mother hasn't changed," He said while stroking the strings of his lyre.

"You still have that?" I pointed to the instrument. He laughed.

"Of course! It's my primary instrument, you know," He grinned. His fingers danced across the strings in a familiar tune.

"Hey, is that the song you wrote for me when we were little?"

"Mhm. How did you remember?"

I hummed along to the melody.

"You have my uniform, don't you?" He asked.

"You stole my sweatshirt," I replied. He smirked.

"My sweatshirt now," He playfully bantered.

"Fine then. My uniform," I teased back, running my hand along the embroidered flowers on the jacket.

"Those are the same kind of flowers as the ones here, you know," Venti said with a dreamy tone, "they always remind me of you."

"Shut up, that's too sappy even for you." I laughed. He picked a flower from the ground near his foot, brushing back my hair and placing the blossom behind my ear. I rolled my eyes.

"Someone's confident," I said sarcastically. I did the same for him, picking a flower and placing it in one of his braids. I picked another, placing it in the other braid, and continuing the process until his hair was filled with small wildflowers.

I giggled at my handiwork. He looked ridiculous, but kept the flowers in. What a weirdo.

He carefully plucked the strings of his lyre, abstractly combining melodies into a soothing blend. My eyelids felt heavy just listening to him play.

That moment was when I realized.

I had fallen for him all over again.

(IM BACK!!!!!! Did you miss me? So my irl friends found out about this... so hi to them ig. P.S. I am in Venti cosplay as I write this. Ily!!)