𝒩𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒'𝓈 𝐻𝑒𝓁𝓅𝑒𝓇 | 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺

His dearest's eyes widened as they notice a scrape on his knee. Asking if he was okay, they took out a small First Aid Kit. As they dabbed a bit of alchohol on the cut, he flinched due to the sting. His dearest covered the scrape with a bandage and gave him a small hug.

***

My footsteps echoed throughout the empty hallway. 

Of course he already got injured. 

I approached the Nurse's Office, knocking on the door. A girl with curly blonde pigtails opened the door, warmly smiling at me.

"Hello, are you looking for the nurse?" She asked cheerfully, "She's out right now, but I could help with any problems as well!"

"Oh, I was just looking for my friend, Bennett," I explained. She giggled.

"Oh, yup, he's here! Come on in!"

As I entered the room, I immediately saw Bennett sitting on a cot. He smiled playfully, I rolled my eyes in return. He had a large bandage on his left shoulder.

"How did this already happen?!"

"Well, I was in chemistry and something fell on me. It broke and cut my arm, but it's not that bad! See-" He started to rip off the bandage, but the blonde girl briskly ran over and stopped him.

"Ah, it's not time yet! You have to keep it on for a while!" She exclaimed worriedly. Bennett laughed.

"Ah, sorry Barbara!" 

"Don't worry about it. I have to run down to the office to grab some papers, okay?" Bennett nodded, and she left the room.

***

"So, what's going on with the group?" Bennett asked.

"Well, it's grown a lot. There's Xiangling, she's really sweet, and a great cook! Then Xingqiu, he's always reading. Hu Tao is really fun, and apparently she can do Tarot readings! Chongyun's a sweetheart. And Venti..." I paused. Bennett looked to me with a smirk.

"Crushing?" He sneered. My face grew hot, and I started to fiddle with the material of my shirt.

"Of course not. He's a flirt" I snickered. Bennett chuckled.

"Senior year, and you still haven't had a boyfriend? He could be it!"

"Same goes for you, you've never had a girlfriend,"

"Well about that..." He started. I raised an eyebrow.

"Aww, Bennett! Did you get a girlfriend?"

"Not really..." He explained, "I hung out with Barbara a lot last summer. She told me she liked me before school."

"And you didn't tell me!? That's aweso-"

"I told her I didn't like her back," I looked at him, shocked.

"What? Why?"

"I think I might like someone else... but it doesn't matter. Tell me about your boyfrieeeend" He jeered. I punched his right shoulder lightly.

"He's not my boyfriend. I practically hate him," I insisted, "How could anyone love that swine." Bennett held back a laugh. I sent him a glare.

"How about you try to deal with him!"

"I'd talk to him! He seems cool!"

"No, Bennett. He's an idiot." I felt Bennett's head lean against my arm.

"You're gonna be late!" He teased.

"Hm? I'm sure I could get a pass..."

"You have Mr. Kaeya's class next, right? You don't wanna be on his bad side!" My eyes widened, looking at Bennett with worry.

"You don't mind if I go?"

"Not at all."

"Right, see ya Bennett!" I waved goodbye and ran out the door, heading to my next class.

(Hello lovelies! I'm so sorry for a slight delay and short chapter! But seriously, woah, 87 reads?!?! I'm so thankful for all the support this has been getting!!! I really wasn't expecting many people—if anyone—to read this fic! Have an amazing day/evening/night!)

(Hey again, so I just now realized that I wrote "Fell on my." Sorry to all who read that, it's fixed now.)