Familiarity ~ Ch12

(I'd recommend rereading the book so you're fresh again!)

Ethereal - Chapter 12

¤ 3rd Point Of View ¤

(Y/n) wasn't even paying attention to the others as they choked on their food, only at I.M- watching as he licked the remaining smudges of chocolate off of his lips while still making eye contact with the girl. She hadn't snapped out of this trance untill he spoke up saying,
"It's not bad."

The boy looked quite cocky as he said those words, seeing the way his actions clearly effected (Y/n). He liked the way she blushed, trying to act as if she weren't by clearing her throat half-heartedly. As if trying to prove to herself that she wasn't effected, (Y/n) took her fork back- unfreezing the rest of her body during the process.

"I-I know. I told you so." (Y/n) mumbled, bringing her fork back down to her plate and keeping her eyes low in embarrassment. She was in her own little world as she absent-mindedly started stabbing her waffle, not even sure if she could eat another bite off of the same fork anymore. Meanwhile, I.M was enjoying the havoc he wreaked apon their table. He was a quiet guy but he was always one to be believe that actions spoke louder than words.

Everyone else sat at the table were quiet, sensing that there was still more to come. Wonho, now had brought out his phone in preparation. He was always prepared for an instagram photo.
"Are you not gonna offer me another bite?" I.M challenged, breaking the silence with a smirk that threatened to apear on his face.

With that statement, the table went wild- earning a few dirty looks from neighbouring tables. The boys were all in a fit of coughs and bewildered laughter. They have never seen I.M talk this much before, let alone subtly flirt.
(Y/n) was practically a tomato at this point, still not looking up from the spot she was staring at on her plate.

"W-what?! No way! Shut up! I gave you a bite, you can order on your own now!" (Y/n) replied in a high pitched tone, showcasing her nervousness to the whole table. They boys went back into a fit of laughter at her reply, not noticing how their usually quiet best friend actually seemed to be chuckling.

Not even (Y/n) noticed that the boy opposite her was releasing a chuckle, it being masked by the loud laughs around her and the phone that was now covering half his face as he went back on his phone- not planning to take the girl's advice and order her own waffle. Seeing that much made Shownu question whether the boy actually did like the waffle or if he only tried it because it was (Y/n) offering it to him.

After a few more minutes, the boys all calmed down. They seemed to have noticed that I.M was now preoccupied with his phone and that (Y/n) was too embarrased to speak another word. So they all naturally fell into their own rythms of chatter, talking about life and miscellaneous subjects untill they had nothing left to eat.

The moment (Y/n) finished her waffle, she decided to look up. She noticed how everyone had finished their food, their plate's cold from the time it's sat their untouched. Even I.M had finished his soda and began looking incredibly bored on his phone. So the girl decided that it was about time to leave. She cleared her thoat which captured everyone attention- including I.M's who was now pretending to look interested at his instagram feed.

"Oppa, can we go back to shopping now? I still have a few items that I need to buy- plus, I still need my own coat." (Y/n) asked, turning her head towards Hyungwon who almost seemed like he wanted to run and hide. The boy's face contorted into one is exasperation and frustration, scrunching up in distaste at the girl's words.

"But do you really need one? I.M's seems to be working just fine for you, honestly." Hyungwon commented, pointed over to the black leather jacket that was hung loosely over (Y/n)'s shoulders and protecting her from the draft that was coming in through the windows. A few snickers went around the table after Hyungwon replied, earning a death glare from (Y/n).