Leather Jacket ~ Ch4

☆ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ☆

I sighed, closing my eyes and drifting off into a simple daydream. I could almost picture myself back in London, holding my dad's hand as he took me inside our local flower shop. He always picked out different flowers each time, asking them to put it in a boquet for me. While we walked home, he would tell me a story about a new flower.

The meaning behind them would always capture me. That was what made me want to become a florist. And it was my mum's love for music that made me want to become a musician. I was stuck between two career choices of two of those who I loved most. Graduation is this summer and I'll actually have to make that descision. That was what I feared most, leaving one piece of my soul behind.

I opened my eyes again, noticing in only a few minutes the sun would be fully set. It was starting to get chilly and the pink sky was now turning into an orangey red.

It was almost time for me to start attempting to find my way home. I didn't even know where to begin, I had ran so far away from the school and walked even further from where I ran. I was basically lost but I couldn't bring myself to care.

I could hear footsteps behind me, coming from further out on the pavement. But I'm not worried, I dismissed the sound and went back to overthinking life. The person was most likely a pedestrian walking home from work but my heart couldn't help but race when the sound of crunching leaves became more prominent behind me.

They were walking down the hill, in my direction no doubt. I was about to turn around untill I heard a familliar voice. One that kept my heart racing but not out of fear.

"You're sitting in my spot." He said, coming up from behind me. I didn't need look back at him to know who it was. He was now standing close to me, unintentionally blocking the wind from hitting my slightly exposed back. It wasn't the day to be wearing ripped jeans and an off-shoulder shirt, yet here I was wearing it in all it's glory.

"Did you know I was here?" I asked the man, looking up now untill I gazed upon his calm face. I.M looked the same as usual, not capable to possess any sort of emotion on his face. Yet now he looked slightly relieved, a sense of calmness spread as he stared straight ahead at the sun that was slowly but surely running away from our view.

"No." He said simply, not even sparing me a glance. I sighed, turning back to watch the last minute or so of the sunset. I couldn't lie, I was relieved he came. Without him, I would have had a hard time getting home. At least now I have some sort of guide.

"They're all looking for you, you know?" He said with a sigh, moving around me to sit on the ledge that I was on, only he wasn't looking up at the sun like I was but the other way, facing the road. He sat with his hands shoved the pockets of his leather jacket. Damn, he looked warm.

"I was planning to go home when the sun set." I told him, now looking up at the sky as it gained a more blueish tone to it.
"Do you even know your way back?" He asked again with a raised brow, now turning his face to look at me. I looked back at him with a sheepish smile before shaking my head with a chuckle.