Individual ~ Ch7

☆ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ☆

The rest of maths went by smoothly now that Irene was once again my only friend. She looked over my timetable during the lesson and told me that we had most classes together. I was kinda glad I didn't have to follow I.M around anymore. After hearing Irene's story I couldn't help but feel different towards I.M. Would he have done that to me to?

Irene had helped me figure out the general directions to most of my classes and had even let me hang around with her during break. My brother seemed quite confused but didn't call me out on it because he was glad so see me socialising and happy.

I had even been introduced to a few of Irene's other friends who had instantly began clickling with me. And by the end of the day I was unofficially but officially part of their group. It was fun spending my time in class with people who actually wanted to talk to me. I never realised how much I truly missed that untill today. During the day I occasionally caught I.M watching me from where he stood against the fence but he turned his head away every time I caught him.

He hadn't really told me to stop wearing his jacket so I took it as a sign that I could still wear it. The girls teased me about it during lunch but eventually stopped, realising it made Irene uncomfortable. So I knew that I shouldn't mention my brother or any of his friends around her as it seemed she still held a grudge.

It was the end of the last lesson of the day and the sound of the bell made it official. I put on I.M's jacket and allowed Irene and her friend Wendy to walk me to the gate where I'd meet up with my brother. As we approached the gate, I noticed that where he had parked his car normally was empty. I looked around for him but he was knowhere to be found.

However I did see I.M, leaning cooly against the brick wall. He was the only sign of anything to do with my brother so I waved goodbye to the two girls beside me then jogged over to I.M. He noticed me instantly, kicking himself off of the wall and motioning for me to follow him. I followed him silently, noticing that he was leading me home.

"Where Hyungwon?" I asked him curiously. He didn't spare me a glance but he answered my question.
"He's busy. He told me to take you home." He muttered lowly. Almost low enough that I didn't hear him.

"Busy doing what?" I asked him. I didn't understand what in the world he could be busy with. Hyungwon didn't work so what could he be doing after school?
I.M didn't answer me, he kept a straight face while he continued walking. I sighed, looking up to see that the sun was starting to go down.

"Hey! Wait." I called out to him, stopping in my tracks. He then stopped and turned to me with a sigh. He lifted his brow, questioning why were stopping.
"C-can we go to that place we were at yesterday? On the top of the hill..." I asked him, looking up at him with doe eyes. He seemed abit shocked by my request but he didn't show it for long. Squinting him eyes at me, he then sighed once again and began walking back the way we came.

"Thank you." I told him, a soft smile taking over my face as I followed his lead.
"Why do you want to go back?" He asked out of the blue, undoubtedly curious.
"It's calming." I replied, looking up at the orange sky. Apart of me was kinda shocked that he actually spoke but then I reminded myself that he has a tendancy to randomise when he wants to say something.

In only a few minutes we were standing at the top of the hill. I smiled softly, looking up to see we were just in time to watch the sun fully set. I swung my legs over the ledge, I.M stood behind me with a hovering hand in case I were to loose balance as I swung myself over. Then he also climbed over and got himself settled with a small sigh.

"Yesterday, you told me I was sitting in your spot...What did you mean by that?" I asked him, my voice was quiet and I didn't dare look at him as I spoke because I knew he'd just end up ignoring me. But after a few moments I realised he just decided to ignore me anyway. I sighed. Of course he's ignore me, and just when I thought I had figured him out.

"How about you answer some of my questions and I'll answer some of yours?" He then suggested, breaking thhe silence. My brow raised in surprise. Was I actually going to get a full conversation out of him? So I nodded eagerly with a grin as I turned to face him. I got myself in a cross legged postition so that I could see him properly but he didn't move, he just kept looking up at the sun.

"So?" I asked him, prodding his arm lightly with my finger as I pouted.
"I come here almost everyday after school." He said simply. My jaw dropped as I realised how stupid I was for thinking he would give me anyyhing but a simple sentence reply.

"Whaaat! That's not an answer. I wanna know why you come here almost everyday after school!" I whined, hitting his arm softly as I whined. He let out a small chuckle, one of the very few times I've seen him give something that wasn't a scowl or an emotionless stare.

"Well I guess you know you're next question then." He said smugly, looking at me only for a second to smirk at me before turning his face back to the sunset. I gave him a glare, crossing my arms over my chest as I waited for his question.

"It's you're turn, you kno--" He cut me off.
"Why did you make friends with Irene?" He asked, his voice became low making me slighly anxious. This wasn't the kind of question I was expecting.
"B-because she's a nice person?" I told him with my brows furrowed, my statement came out as more of a question.

"But why Irene? You could have made friends with Lisa's group or even Soyeon's group but why Irene?" He asked me, turning to me as he stared at me with desperate eyes.

"I-she...She approached me...She was the only person who wanted to be my friend. Everyone else saw me as Hyungwon's little sister and I don't want to be known just as Hyungwon's little sister. She treated me as an individual." I told him, standing up for Irene. I didn't understand what he had against her. She was an amazing and lovable person.

He gave me a small hum in response, acknowledging what I had said to him.
"It's my turn...What's up with you and Irene? She told me abit about her first few weeks of school but she didn't tell me everything. I know there's more to this." I told him, nudging him to answer me as I was getting imaptient.

He left me hanging for a few more moments, most likely having an inner debate with himself one why he was actually telling me this information.
"I.M?" I asked, not liking the tension in the air.

Then he spoke...He said,
"She's my step-sister...Well...Was my step-sister." My eyes widened into te size of plates. I couldn't believe what I had just heard. Irene was I.M's step-sister?

"W-what?! She's your-Wait-" he cut me off as he swung his legs onto the other side of the ledge, pushing himself up to stand then dusted himself off.
"That's it. No more questions. The sun's gone down already. I need to take you home." He said lowly, trying to end the conversation as quick as possible.

"Wait!-" He cut me off once again with a glare, one that had never been so cold before.
"Let's go." He said sternly. I gulped and nodded, grabbing my backpack from the floor and following him up towards the pavement.

Why couldn't he just open up to me?

(A.N ~ What did you think? Also, shout out to monbekyunie (I don't wanna tag you because you'll automatically be pulled to the bottom of the chapter instead of reading it and getting the suprise) for actually guessing that Irene was his step sister! Vote & Comment! ILY Mochies!)