Dread ~ Ch20

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

It was the next day and officialy sunday morning, in my opinion the worst day of the week. Why was it the worst day of the week? Well that was because all a person does on a sunday was remember that the next day was monday, thus dreading it from dawn to dusk.

Today was an extra crappy day for me considering the fact that I had promised myself that I would study all day. After all, I had missed alot of learning and had exams straight after the winter break. So even if it was crappy and boring, I would try and study on sundays all day from here on out. That at least gives me a heathly schedule when it comes to having fun on Fridays and Saturdays and giving myself enough rest on the weekdays after school.

I woke up abit later than I would have liked, getting out of bed at 12pm despite promising myself that I would wake up at 9am. I didn't beat myself up over it, instead opting to have a short shower before making my to the kitchen in my flimsy pyjamas and some fluffy slippers. I decided that Hyungwon had either left home early today or still hadn't got out of bed, considering that there was no sign of life in the apartment other than my own footsteps.

With a sigh, I began making myself a simple breakfast. Eggs and toast were sufficient enough. I had never really been a breakfast person anyway. It didn't take long and by the time I had finished making it and had sat down at the counter to begin eating, I finally heard sounds originating from my brother's room. Thet were hard to make out, only groans of annoyance and thumps as he most likely lost his footing.

After taking a bite of my toast, the boy finally emerged from his room. Suprisingly, he wasn't wearing pyjamas but casual wear. However his hair was still a rugged mess and his face clearly still asleep as he sluggishly made his way to me with a yawn ripping from his throat.
"Good morning." He muttered unenergetically, swaying as he drowsily put on his boots.

"Good morn- where are you going?" I asked him as I cut off my own greeting, unable to stop my curiousity from piquing as I watched my brother slide on his jacket. His face clearly shows that he didn't want to be leaving the house yet he was forcing himself to rush out of the apartment on a sunday at noon.

"Uhh- a date!" The boy replied suddenly, seeming to have been hesitant with his answer at first. I gave him an incredulous look, judging him full-heartedly. A cheeky grin spread upon his face, making me scoff and grimace.
"Someone actually wants to go on a date with you?" I taunted as I took another bite out of my toast.

"Yah! I'm a very likeable guy!" Hyungwon defended with an amused scoff, for some reason forcing himself to look like was in the mood to be smiling right now. And for some reason, seeming to dread this sopposed 'date' of his.
"At least eat something before you go." I told him with a small chuckle, pointing to the loaf of sliced bread that was still laying on the table.

I watched Hyungwon slid his car keys off of the table and into his pocket, making sure he also had his phone and other miscellaneous objects that he needed in his other pockets. Before I had a chance to react, the boy quickly snatched the toast out of my hands and took a large bite out of it as he made his way to the front door. I let out a gasp as he walked away with my toast, munching it shamelessly as he done so.

"Yah! I just made that!" I complained, watching him with a dropped jaw as he opened the front door casually while still rubbing the sleep out of his lidded eyes. He only chuckled at my protests, turning to me fully once he had opened the door. As he faced me, I noticed how his face suddenly turned void of emotion and now looking quite serious which was unlike him.

"Don't leave the house without calling me to let me know, okay?" He asked, making sure that I got the message that he was being serious. Even after our chat yesterday, he was still being quite protective. But in this moment- right now, it was more than that. It was almost like I would be in danger if I left the house.

But without complaint, I forced myself to nod without asking any questions. Like I.M , he wouldn't answer them anyway.
"Yeah, okay. I'm just gonna study here today anyway." I reassured him, giving him a comforting smile which he tiredly returned with a content nod my way.
"Okay, good." He mumbled, seeming to be releived for some reason at my reply.

After waving him off, I attempted to shake off the bad feeling I got when he closed the door. He said he was going on a date and I'm sure he wouldn't lie about that to me. I mean, there was no reason to right? Yet he looked like someone had forced him out of the house and were dragging him by the hair. Hyungwon wasn't acting like himself this morning and that worried me.

But like I said, I tried to shake it off. I forced myself to be convinced that he wouldn't lie to my face. And with that thought, I finished my breakfast while scrolling through instagram and twitter. Once I was done, I left my dishes in the sink and made my way to my bedroom in order to get all the supplied that I needed for today's studying session.

Picking out things from highlighters to markers and pens, I grabbed my textbooks and my newly bought laptop that Hyungwon had gifted me when I arrived to Korea before heading back to the livingroom. Begrudgingly, I started placing everything down on the glass table infront of the window before sitting on the chair behind it.

Sighing, I looked outside the window one last time before I forced myself to start studying. But before I could take my eyes away from the morning view, I noticed the faint raindrops that sprinkled down on Seoul. I loved the rain and found the sight beautiful to look at, though I hoped that Hyungwon wasn't outdoors right now otherwise he would surely but slowly get soaked.

I began studying with a light-hearted sigh, looking up questions on my laptop before writing down the necessary notes on my workbook. I continued to read through my textbook, highlighting things that I would need to memorise and write down later. After the first ten minutes past, I realised that studying wasn't so bad once you had actually started.

I went through most of my subjects for the next five hours, using different colored books for each subject. I had about four breaks in total, using about 10 minutes of my time to scroll through my phone boredly while eating unhealthy snacks. Now here at 6pm, the sky was abit darker and the rain was now pouring down on our city relentlessly. The pattering sounds it made was music to my ears, relaxing me enough to force a yawn out of me.

I was exhasted, studying for a good four hours and a bit had honestly given me such a migrane. That was when I decided to pack up my gear and fall back onto the bouncy sofa to my side with a loud huff. I let my head lean back against the back of the sofa, watching the rain pour down with lidded eyes. I wondered when Hyungwon would come home, thinking that maybe we could order some chinese tonight.

That was when a knock on the door disturbed me from my thoughts, causing me to slightly flinch in my seat. My heart raced at the thought of someone being at the door, making me look over at the screen on the wall to my right seeing that indeed someone had put in our password to the gate.

I knew that this person wasn't my brother because he had the keys yet I knew that there was a possibility that maybe he had lost them. Slowly, I got off of the sofa and made my way to the door with furrowed brows. I wasn't sure why I felt such dread upon opening the door along with the fact that my chest physically ached as I slid down the lock and pulled the handle.

I wasn't sure what I was expecting as I opened the door, but the sight that was infront of me was one of which I would have never expected nor been prepared to see. The sight of blood instantly came into my view, a red wet trail running down the hall up until my front door. But the most important thing wasn't the blood...No...

It was a rain roaked I.M who was collapsed in the centre of the blood bath, leaning against the wall with heavy-lidded eyes and a chest that struggled to breath.

(A.N ~ dun dun duuun.)