Peace For Now ~ Ch3

☆ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ☆

Lunch has just ended about two minutes ago and now I was currently trailing behind I.M who would be taking me to science. Only now I realise that half the day had gone past and I hadn't managed to make a single friend. Well that was just perfect.

We finally reached a classroom, the door was wide open and the teacher was welcoming all the students inside with a cheerful voice from what I could hear. I.M opened the door and surprisingly held it open for me before calmly making his way to his seat. I stood in the corner awkwardly since almost every seat seemed to look as if they had been taken either by someone or their bag.

"You can come sit next to me?" A girl suggested with a small smile, I bowed in gratitude as I followed her to the back of the room. I.M was two rows down from me which kind of made me nervous since this would be my first class without any moral support...Even if he was just always silent.

Me and the girl both sat in to our seats and got comfortable but was then hit with a wave of awkwardness.
"So...I'm Irene...What's your name?" She asked, throwing her hair over her shoulder.
"I'm (Y/n)...The new girl...Obviously." I said with a laugh making her chuckle in the process.

"I remember when I was new. I only transfered last year and it took me 3 whole months to make 1 friend." She sighed playfully. I gasped in shock however thinking that the exact same thing would happen to me.

"Oh no! Don't worry about making friends! It seems to me like you already have a few and it's only your first day." She commented, nudging her head over towards I.M who looked back at me for half a second before snapping his head back to the teacher who has already started her class.

"Oh him? No, I would hardly call him a friend...He has barely said 5 words to me even though I've been with him all day." I laughed, feeling very embarrassed on the inside about that however.

"Wait what?...He spoke to you?" She questioned, leaning towards me with wide eyes. My ears percked as I nodded at her slowly, not getting why she was so suprised.
"What did he say?!" She whisper yelled, genuinely curious as to what he said. I thought back to that moment in the corridoor that I had with him and tried to recall every word he said.

"I think his exact words were 'Next time hold onto me.'" I chuckled sheepishly I was about explain the situation but I stopped myself after I saw Irene's eyes darken. She looked down at her desk and scruched her fists while biting her bottom lip.

"I-Is everything okay?" I asked, bringing my hand up to tap her shoulder but was forefully slapped away by her own hand. Her hand knocked into my own and my hand got sent flying to the glass beaker that was already set up beside me. The beaker got knocked to it's side but the force of the hit made it smash under my touch while my hand landed ontop of it's shards.

I made a noise that could pass off between a scream and a cry. I couldn't help but notice Irene's face, regret and fear plastered all over it. The whole class turned towards me, the noise level rose and suddenly there was less air in the room. Why did it feel as if someone was stealing my breaths?