Diagon Alley

3rd Person POV

(Y/n) loved Diagon Alley. It highlighted the wonders of magic. He was looking forward to catching up with Hermione and properly meeting her parents, they seemed nice enough last time they met at King's Cross Station. (Y/n) excitedly ran through the crowd, leading his parents in hand to the general direction of Gringotts bank. (Y/n) rushed up the stone stairs, making his way through the entrance to be greeted with the stunning marble floor and golden lit hall with goblins at the counters. (Y/n) scanned the hall for a bushy haired girl. There. She with her parents exchanging some muggle money for some wizarding coins. (Y/n) could hear his parents huffing and rushing behind him, only to stop. "Next time young man, you need to be a little more patient!" his mother exclaimed, clearly unhappy with all the running she had to do. (Y/n) didn't care on what his mother had to say, he was looking forward to see Hermione again. 

The only way Monica could describe her daughter's behavior was ecstatic. She was only this excited was when she was going to a large library or book publishing, that was it. Monica had never seen her daughter act this way about a singular person. Ever. Earlier that morning Hermione had asked her about what to wear, Hermione never cared about what to wear. She wasn't like that. It was clear that she was trying to make some sort of impression on the young boy. Monica wondered what he did to make Hermione act not Hermione-like. So when the Granger family arrived at Gringotts, Hermione was a little nervous. For an unexplained reason, Hermione missed (Y/n)'s company, someone likeminded and comforting to be around. Hermione had never had a friend like him before. Hermione was anxiously waiting by her parents at Gringotts exchanging currency, she was searching the crowd for (Y/n). There he was, he looked different, not in a bad way. He was taller, his hair had grown and he had a tan. Hermione smiled at the sight of him, she turned to her parents, tugging her mother's dress. "Mum! Mum! He's here look!" Hermione exclaimed point at (Y/n) and his family. After the Monica and Wendall had finished exchanging money they followed their daughter.

Handshakes and pleasantries were exchanged when the two families met as they moved to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. Hermione and (Y/n) were busily chatting away what they did over the holidays over a sundae while the parents eagerly chatted away. Monica and Wendell knew of (Y/n)'s parents. Hermione and told them all about them. They were very polite, especially Lara, who was quite sympathetic for them seeing as they entered a new world with little guidance, something she had been accustomed to when she first entered the wizarding world. It seemed that (Y/n)'s parents had brought him up quite well, he's the perfect friend for Hermione Monica thought to herself. Likewise, Richard and Lara were impressed with Hermione's parents. She was very mature and a keen learner for her age. Maybe (Y/n) could learn a thing or two from her Richard thought. The two families chatted for a little longer, making sure to keep in touch, Lara reminded Monica and Wendell that if they had any questions or concerns. don't hesitate to contact me at all! The two families then made there way together through Diagon Alley. 

(Y/n) was cheerfully making his way towards the Apothecary shop to purchase some potion ingredients when he spotted a Harry. He was covered in a combination of what seemed to be soot and dust. He wasn't alone though, Hagrid was with him. "Harry! Harry! Over here!" (Y/n) yelled. Harry looked up and saw Hermione and (Y/n) standing in the middle of Diagon Alley. Hermione and (Y/n) ran down to meet him. "It's great to see you again Harry!" (Y/n) exclaimed shaking his hand. "What happened to your glasses?" Hermione asked. In response, (Y/n) pulled out his wand, muttering a quick "Oculus Repairo" fixing Harry's glasses. "Hello, Hagrid — Oh, it's wonderful to see you two again — Are you coming to Flourish and Blotts, Harry?" "Not  yet, I need to go to Gringotts first," said Harry. "Yeh won't have long ter wait," Hagrid said with a grin. Harry, (Y/n) and Hermione looked around: Sprinting up the crowded street were Ron, Fred, George, Percy, and Mr. Weasley. "Harry," Mr. Weasley panted. "We hoped you'd only gone one grate too far..." He scratched the top of his head. "Molly's frantic — she's coming now —" "Where did you come out?" Ron asked. "Knockturn Alley," said Hagrid grimly. "Excellent!" said Fred and George together. "That's a dangerous place, young Harry, I'd be careful where you wonder off to." Richard said cautiously. Lara pulled out her wand and pointed it at Harry "Scourgify", Harry felt better with the dirt and dust disappeared, his clothes becoming clean.  "We've never been allowed in," said Ron enviously. "I should ruddy well think not," growled Hagrid. Mrs. Weasley now came galloping into view, her handbag swinging wildly in one hand, Ginny just clinging onto the other. "Oh, Harry — oh, my dear — you could have been anywhere —" Mrs. Weasley gave Harry a bone crushing hug, she turned to (Y/n)'s parents "Oh it's so good to see you again Lara!" she exclaimed while shaking her hand "You know Richard, Charlie seemed to be bored in Romania, says it's too tame without you." "Richard smiled "I'm afraid my Dragon hunting days are over Molly. Besides, I trust Charlie enough to be able to look after himself, he had a brilliant teacher after all." he said with a proud smirk. A general laughter was shared between the parents while (Y/n) merely shook his head at his father's terrible joke. "Well, gotta be off," said Hagrid, who was having his hand wrung by Mrs. Weasley "Knockturn Alley! If you hadn't found him, Hagrid!" Mrs. Weasley cried in horror. "See yer at Hogwarts!" Hagrid said as he strode away, head and shoulders taller than anyone else in the crowded street.