Is He Really a Teacher?

3rd Person POV

(Y/n) sat down at theGryffindor table next to Hermione, who had her copy of Voyages with Vampires proppedopen against a milk jug. There was a slight stiffness in the way she said "Morning," whichtold (Y/n) that she was still disapproving of the way that Harry and Ron had arrived, more specifically, his encouraging attitude for the two. "Mail's due any minute — I think Gran's sending a few things I forgot." Neville said, halfway through his porridge. (Y/n) had only just started to butter his toast when, sure enough, there was a rushing soundoverhead and a hundred or so owls streamed in, circling the hall and dropping lettersand packages into the chattering crowd. A big, lumpy package bounced off Neville'shead and, a second later, something large and gray fell into Hermione's jug, sprayingthem all with milk and feathers. Hermione squealed with fear, immediately tending to her book. 

"Errol!" said Ron, pulling the bedraggled owl out by the feet. Errol slumped,Unconscious, onto the table, his legs in the air and a damp red envelope in his beak.  "Oh, no —" Ron gasped. "It's all right, he's still alive," (Y/n) said, prodding Errol gently with the tip of herfinger. "It's not that — it's that." Ron was pointing at the red envelope. It looked quite ordinary to Harry, but Ron andNeville were both looking at it as though they expected it to explode. "What's the matter?" said Harry. "She's — she's sent me a Howler," said Ron faintly. "You'd better open it, Ron," said Neville in a timid whisper. "It'll be worse if you don't.My gran sent me one once, and I ignored it and" — he gulped —"it was horrible." Harry looked from their petrified faces to the red envelope. "What's a Howler?" he said. But Ron's whole attention was fixed on the letter, which had begun to smoke at thecorners. "Open it," Neville urged. "It'll all be over in a few minutes —" Ron stretched out a shaking hand, eased the envelope from Errol's beak, and slit itopen. (Y/n) stuffed his fingers in his ears. A split second later, Harry knew why. Hethought for a moment it had exploded; a roar of sound filled the huge hall, shaking dustfrom the ceiling. "—STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'DEXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOUSTOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW ITWAS GONE —" Mrs. Weasleys yells, a hundred times louder than usual, made the plates and spoonsrattle on the table, and echoed deafeningly off the stone walls. People throughout the hall were swiveling around to see who had received the Howler, and Ron sank so low inhis chair that only his crimson forehead could be seen. "—LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULDDIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRYCOULD BOTH HAVE DIED —" Harry had been wondering when his name was going to crop up. He tried very hard tolook as though he couldn't hear the voice that was making his eardrums throb. "—ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED — YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK,IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRINGYOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME." A ringing silence fell. The red envelope, which had dropped from Ron's hand, burst intoflames and curled into ashes. Harry and Ron sat stunned, as though a tidal wave had justpassed over them. A few people laughed and, gradually, a babble of talk broke outagain. Hermione closed Voyages with Vampires and looked down at the top of Ron's head. "Well, I don't know what you expected, Ron, but you —" "Don't tell me I deserved it," snapped Ron. Harry pushed his porridge away he looked very guilty. 

 Professor McGonagall was moving along theGryffindor table, handing out course schedules. (Y/n) took his and saw that they haddouble Herbology with the Hufflepuffs first. The Magical Quartet left the castle together, crossed the vegetable patch, andmade for the greenhouses, where the magical plants were kept. Howler haddone one good thing:  Hermione seemed to think that Harry and Ron had now been punished enough and was beingperfectly friendly again. As they neared the greenhouses they saw the rest of the class standing outside, waitingfor Professor Sprout. (Y/n), Harry, Ron, and Hermione had only just joined them when shecame striding into view across the lawn, accompanied by Gilderoy Lockhart. ProfessorSprout's arms were full of bandages, (Y/n) looked at Harry who seemed to be guilt-ridden once more. Professor Sprout was a squat little witch who wore a patched hat over her flyaway hair;there was usually a large amount of earth on her clothes and her fingernails. Gilderoy Lockhart, however, was immaculate in sweeping robesof turquoise, his golden hair shining under a perfectly positioned turquoise hat withgold trimming. "Oh, hello there!" he called, beaming around at the assembled students. "Just beenshowing Professor Sprout the right way to doctor a Whomping Willow! But I don't wantyou running away with the idea that I'm better at Herbology than she is! I just happen tohave met several of these exotic plants on my travels..." "Greenhouse three today, chaps!" said Professor Sprout, who was looking distinctlydisgruntled (Y/n) thought, not at all her usual cheerful self. There was a murmur of interest. They had only ever worked in greenhouse one before— greenhouse three housed far more interesting and dangerous plants. ProfessorSprout took a large key from her belt and unlocked the door. (Y/n) caught a whiff ofdamp earth and fertilizer mingling with the heavy perfume of some giant, umbrellasized flowers dangling from the ceiling.