A Spectacular Entrance

3rd Person POV

Just a few weeks after (Y/n) was shopping at Diagon Alley with his friends, he found him self at Kings Cross Station. He had crossed the magical barrier at platform nine and three-quarters, he had plenty of time to spare. Even though (Y/n) wished that his holidays were a little longer, he was looking forward to going back to Hogwarts. (Y/n) was saying his goodbyes to his parents with plenty of hugs and kisses. His mum was on the verge of tears when he left to board the Hogwarts Express. He had 10 minutes before the train departed the station. He carefully steered his trolley down the hallway of the train looking for Hermione, Harry or Ron but they were nowhere to be seen. (Y/n) found himself a compartment. Perfect he thought to himself as he carefully stored his suitcases in the above storage, making sure that they wouldn't jump around during the ride. He pulled out a book, it was Year with the Yeti by Gildory Lockhart. To be honest, he was a very good narrative writer, brilliant at telling stories. Different to his dad's books which were based around research, facts and a thesis. 

(Y/n)'s attention was drawn from his book as he heard the sliding door open, he looked up to see Hermione in a green sweater. "(Y/n)! It's great to see you again!" She exclaimed, giving him a hug when he stood up. (Y/n) was a taken by surprise but hugged her back. As they broke apart, Hermione noticed the book in his hand. "I can't believe that we're going to have Gilderoy Lockhart teach at Hogwarts! He's going to be absolutely brilliant!" Hermione cried with joy. "He's a very good writer." (Y/n) added. "But something seems to be off with him." "What can you possibly mean?" Hermione asked with a tone that made it sound that (Y/n) was saying something extremely rude. "I don't know, I just don't exactly feel at ease, maybe he's hiding something?" (Y/n) mumbled as he could hear Hermione sigh with disapproval. "He's one of the greatest adventurers ever! Your overthinking it. After all, Dumbledore thought he was good enough to become the Professor of defense against the dark arts because of his years of experience!" Hermione exclaimed with joy.  Surely Hermione would see that he has had no training whatsoever in teaching? (Y/n) thought to himself. (Y/n) felt a jolt as the train began to move, he hold on to his seat. Where in Merlin's name was Harry and Ron? (Y/n) thought to himself, he decided to speak up. "Hermione," he asked. "Have you seen Harry and Ron?" Hermione turned her attention from the carriage window as the landscape began to change from the station to the vast green countryside. "No, I haven't." She mused. Hermione thought back and realized that she had not seen Harry or Ron at King's Cross. She pursed her lips, "You don't think? - " "Remember what happened at the start of last year?" (Y/n) said, remining Hermione that Ron and Harry weren't exactly known for being on time. Hermione frowned, "I just really hope they don't do something stupid." Hermione said. (Y/n) chuckled in response. "I just hope it's something spectacular, it would be great to get a laugh from it." (Y/n) said. Hermione in response gave him a disapproving glare and huffed, now changing her focus to her Gilderoy Lockhart book.

For the rest of the journey, (Y/n) stared out into the landscape, thinking about the possibilities on how Ron and Harry would get to Hogwarts. As (Y/n)'s thoughts wondered, he saw something light blue in the distance. (Y/n) peered through the window, trying to see what it was. It wasn't an animal, it had the wrong shape. (Y/n)'s eyes widened when he realized what it was. It was car. A light blue car soaring through the skies, following the train. Who in their right mind would risk flying a blue car when they could have just caught the trai- (Y/n) stopped himself. He once more peered at the blue car, looking for the driver. The driver had red hair and he wasn't alone, he had a raven haired passenger. It was Harry and Ron for sure. (Y/n) quickly turned his attention to Hermione, she was sleeping, if she knew about Harry and Ron's crazy adventure she would go mad. Maybe it's best of she doesn't know for now (Y/n) thought to himself as he sat back in his chair, wondering about Harry and Ron's predicament.