Caught in the Act?

3rd Person POV

(Y/n) layed awake for hours that night. Through a gap in the curtains around his four-poster, he watched snow starting to drift past the tower window and pondered. He felt bad for Harry and all of the unwanted attention he was getting. In fact, he knew that Harry never liked being the centre of attention, contrary to Ron's and Draco's beliefs. (Y/n) sympathized with Harry, being from a famous noble family, it wasn't exactly uncommon for him to be put under the spotlight, but it was nothing in comparison to poor Harry. 

(Y/n) was glad that his 13th Birthday was able to help Harry forget the rumours. Earlier that morning he got up to see that Harry and Ron weren't in their beds,  and neither was anyone else for that matter. (Y/n) looked at his watch and confirmed his suspicions. December the 14th, it's my birthday and they've planned something he thought to himself. He smiled to himself and considered how lucky he was to have such good friends. 

(Y/n) carefully tip-toed down the stone staircase to the common room only to still be surprised by his friends. "SUPRISE!" they all yelled in unison as the Weasley twins popped some sort of toy at (Y/n), spraying him with little flowers that stuck to his pyjamas. I can bet they aren't coming off anytime soon he thought to himself. "Happy birthday (Y/n)!" Hermione yelled before engulfing him in a hug. "Happy birthday mate!" Ron and Harry added while fiercely ruffling his hair. As (Y/n) pulled away from the hug, he noticed that Hermione's clean uniform was now stained with unremovable flowers, Harry snicked to himself. "I reckon your gonna have to ask Fred and George nicely if want those removed. But from what I heard, they have a lot of treats in store you..." Ron said with a smirk. Nevile then walked up to (Y/n) with a birthday card that was partially covered in slime. "Happy birthday (Y/n), sorry about the mess, Trevor had a bit of an accident..." he explained. "That's ok Nevile, thank you for the card, please tell Trevor it was a perfect addition to it." (Y/n) said drawing a wry smile from Nevile. (Y/n) received a book (to no one's surprise) from Hermione titled The History of Great Noble Families in the Wizarding World. Hermione explained to him that it listed the Phoenix's family lineage which (Y/n) never actually learnt. It was a really good read as it went back thousands of years, the book explained that there was a myth about the Phoenix's family ancestor being linked to Saint George the Dragon Slayer. Harry got him a luxury muggle chess set, it was made out of beautiful marble, yet it was extremely lightweight and could be shrunk with a tap of his wand to fit in his pocket. Ron handed (Y/n) a wand repair and care kit and some chocolate frogs, "since my wand is too far gone, I thought you might need it and bought you one." (Y/n) knew that Ron's family were not well off and wand care kits aren't that cheap. "Thanks Ron, I hope you're able to get a new wand soon."He said with a sincere smile. "Are you kidding me?" Ron exclaimed. "After what happened with my dad's car, I'll be lucky to get anything for Christmas!" he added. Everyone laughed in response, even Ron had a chuckle. 

At breakfast (Y/n) the family owl a delivery, dropping two letters and some wrapped parcels. "Well come on, open them!" Ron eagerly said. (Y/n) opened the first letter from his parents, his parents were obviously ecstatic for him (especially his dad when he heard the news that (Y/n) had ago with Malfoy) and his mum was adamant that he avoided Lockhart's lessons as well as not to listen to anything he said. (Y/n) opened the first parcel which was labelled from his parents. As he opened it, he found a beautiful luxurious peacock quill that floated in the air. "That's a special self-writing quill!" Hermione exclaimed with fascination. "How are they special compared to normal self-writing quills?" Harry asked. "They're able to take notes at record speed and self-organise them to make it neat. But that's not even the best part. They can take down notes directly from books or while the teacher is speaking! They even re-ink themselves and move onto new pieces of parchment automatically!" She explained with glee. Everyone stared at it in awe. "They are usually owned by high-end writers and authors, they certainly aren't cheap." "I'm so jealous, if I had one, I could sleep through every single class and still learn stuff." Ron cried. (Y/n) recognised it, it was his dad's, he had seen it on occasion dancing on his desk as it made its way through his books. (Y/n) moved on to the next letter, surprisingly it was from his Uncle Edward who was still in Italy. He skimmed through the letter, confused at his Uncle's letter saying that he was now blossoming into a young man and should begin to make new friends. (Y/n) was confused about what his uncle was getting at, but he knew that he meant well. (Y/n) opened the small present, only to find a small fancy glass bottle. It was filled with a mysterious liquid that constantly changed colour. "Wow... I've never seen anything like it." Harry murmured. Attached was a small label, Use wisely - Uncle Edward. (Y/n) looked at the small fancy glass bottle, and he eventually found an inscription on the bottle. Veela Cologne, for those special occasions with a special someone. Now (Y/n) was really confused, why would his uncle give him a weird brand of perfume, that's an adult thing. "I'm confused about what this thing exactly is." Hermione picked it up and read the inscription, she flushed red when she did. "U-umm, do you guys know what a Veela is?" She curiously asked them all. The three boys shook their heads. "Good, (Y/n) you should only use this on extremely special occasions and in extremely small quantities." Sure Hermione was a bit of a bookworm, but she knew what cologne was and what a Veela was, so she thought it best for (Y/n) to sit on it for a while before using it. (Y/n) grabbed the bottle and put it in his pocket, he trusted Hermione's judgement, he didn't see himself using it for the next couple of years, he was just curious why his uncle would give him (a 13-year-old) something for adults.