A Certain Someone's Birthday

3rd Person POV

(Y/n) woke up and checked his watch. It confirmed his suspicions. Today was the 19th of September. Today was Hermione's Birthday. (Y/n) remembered that last year, Hermione didn't tell him when her birthday was until it was late October. Meaning that (Y/n) missed her birthday, Hermione made the point that (Y/n) shouldn't get her anything since he missed it. It help that Hermione had gotten something for his birthday that year, he felt ridiculously guilty about it. This year, (Y/n) made a point to himself that this year, he would make it up to her for missing last year. (Y/n) quietly pulled off his blankets, still in his pajamas and put his bath robe and slipper's on. He quietly made his way to his trunk at the front of his bed. He carefully opened the lid of his trunk, hoping not to wake anyone else. He was waiting for his eyes to adjust the dark lighting, as he quietly looked to the bottom corner of his trunk, searching for a small red box. 

There! It was hiding underneath some spare parchment. (Y/n) quietly rustled away, picking up the red box and pocketing it in his bath robe. He quietly made his way to the door. (Y/n) knew that Hermione would wake up early to study in the common room, (Y/n) was impressed how devoted she was to her studies. (Y/n) opened the door and made sure to close it quietly. He turned around and made his way down the dimly lit stairwell. As (Y/n) made it to the base of the stairs, he caught a glimpse of Hermione reading a book, the light around her danced as the fire sucked the air out of the room.  (Y/n)'s hand tightly grasped the little red box in his hand as he ever so quietly shuffled his way to her. (Y/n) watched on as Hermione's eyes intensely scanned the book in-front of her as she delicately turned the page, caring for the book out of fear of being expelled from the Library from Madam Prince. "Hermione, your going to burn yourself out if study anymore." (Y/n) said with a yawn. Hermione immediately turned her attention to (Y/n) giving him a small smile in response. "I'd like to think that studying allows me to have a break from everything else..." Hermione mumbled. "So you deal with stressful events by doing more work?" (Y/n) asked himself out loud, clearly trying to poke holes in Hermione's logic, (Y/n) was playing a very dangerous game. "Hmph" was all (Y/n) heard in response, clearly Hermione didn't feel like playing any games. (Y/n) stepped closer to Hermione, placing his hand on her shoulder, he felt her stiffen up. He pulled the little red box from the pocket of his bath robe and placed it on her lap. "Happy birthday Hermione..." he whispered into ear. "Hope this makes up for missing out last year. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to do what every sane person does at this time of day and go back to sleep. You should try it some time." (Y/n) remarked as he made his way back towards the staircase leaving a red and nervous Hermione alone in the common room, struggling to gather her thoughts. She carefully opened the small red box to find a beautiful quaint silver necklace that had a book and quill.  

Hermione stared at it for what seemed like hours

Hermione stared at it for what seemed like hours. The silver necklace shone bright as it twirled, it was breath taking. Hermione never had much care for jewelry, but this was different. She carefully put it on and clasped the book and quill in between her fingers as her stomach filled with anxious butterflies.