𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄|| 𝖱𝖤-𝖦𝖠𝖨𝖭𝖤𝖣 𝖵𝖨𝖢𝖳𝖮𝖱𝖸

We were all in the box at the rink waiting for Coach Bombay to show up for the game. It was USA versus Germany but since the Iceland game I felt like this game was gonna be no different. I had the feeling it was gonna end up just like the last game. We lost. And we might as well lose again without a coach.

"Hey team! Hey team! You're gonna do great today all right!" Mr. Tibbles told us with a smile until he noticed coach wasn't with us. "Where's Gordon?" He asked. "You tell us," Luis responded with a shrug. "I don't believe this," Tibbles scoffed in disbelief, his head shaking slowly.

"Team USA, I'm sorry but without a coach behind the bench, you'll have to forfeit the game." The ref told us. "But you can't do that," Adam said softly, turning towards the ref.

"We have one!" Charlie said and skated out of the box and to Miss Mckay who was at the stands trying to find a seat. "Miss Mckay!" Charlie called then looked back at me motioning me to follow him. I blinked then followed after him.

"Hey Charlie, Y/n what's up?" Miss Mckay asked us with a smile on her face. "You have to pretend your our coach—" "Or we forfeit the game,"

"Where's Coach Bombay?" She asked us in a whisper but to the point where we still heard her.

"Pretend or we're out of the tournament!" Charlie said. "But I don't know anything about coaching!" Miss Mckay told him before the ref came over. I was the one to speak up, "Here she is. Our coach, Coach Mckay."

"What are you waiting for? The ice to freeze let's play!"

Me and Charlie looked over at each other and smiled. The team cheered for us and me and Charlie went back over to the box so we can get ready for the first match.

  Yeah. We weren't do so great but I mean in my opinion it wasn't so bad. I was sitting next to Charlie as I was watching the game go on in front of me. I heard Miss Mckay sigh and turned my head to look at her before she spoke up.

"We look tired! We to uh- trade places!" She said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "Huh?" Charlie asked just as confused as I am and looked at Averman next to him. "New players!" Miss Mckay tried correcting. "Oh! Say change it up!" Charlie told her as he understood.

"Change it up,"

"Scream it!" I encouraged her.

"Change it up!" Miss Mckay screamed.

I smirked before deciding to be the one to head out onto the ice. I grabbed my hair and moved the braids to the side then grabbed my helmet, putting it on. I jumped over and skated onto the ice with the rest of a team that was on the ice.

We were all just about to get into our positions until I heard a duck call. I looked up to see Coach Bombay blowing a duck call thing. I rolled my eyes and looked at Fulton.

"Look who finally shows up," He says. "No way guys just ignore it. Come on Y/n take the face off," Jesse says and we all went into our positions.

I saw Charlie standing there staring at coach. I stood up straight and looked at coach once more as he kept blowing the duck caller. He finally went down and into the box but didn't stop blowing the caller.

"Come on what do we got to lose?" Guy asked as we huddled in a circle. "Respect! He'll dump us the minute it's all over!" Fulton said with a scoff.

"Come on in! Let's go, Come on!" Coach called us and we, the kids on the ice, skated over to the box. I leaned against it where Adam was standing and listened to what he had to say. "Team...guys I was wrong and I'm sorry. I forgot about the team and the team is all I have. All I want is another chance just one more shot...I'm back, okay? Believe me." Coach explained to us and we all glanced over at each another then smiled.