Kaliyug

AYESHA POV

The age of kali has brought about misfortune to life on earth. Corona pandemic has caused major death. As a surgical resident, I have faced it head front. We need to be united and safe gaurd each other through these hard times. But most people are careless and do not understand the gravity of this situation. Which brings us to my story.

My favorite nurse, Sheela barges in," Ayesha, do you have no care for your health? You have strict orders to be on bedrest." 

"What can I say, sheela? You know I'm not used to lying around all day"

"That was before you tested positive. I knew your roomate was bad news. She was careless and it could cost your life now"

"Dont worry, I will be fine before you know it and i will be back to badgering you with my silly questions" My words cause a small smile to form on her face before she frowns noticing reports of my patients on my bedside. 

"Arrey how do you manage to get these reports even within the corona ward?"

" I have my ways" I said with a wink.

That was the last conversation I remember before my lungs constricted and all I could see was blackness. 

I woke up to the sound of the most melodius tune i have ever heard

I woke up to the sound of the most melodius tune i have ever heard. It was the ultimate peace, I never wanted it to end. I moved towards the sound blindly and with each step i felt all my worries vanish. of course I recognized the silhoutte of the person playing the flute.

" Govind? Is that really you? Or am i dreaming this as a form of comfort in my last minutes?"

He slowly opened his lotus eyes and gave me a smile, " I am anything that you want me to be sakhi. However people view me is the way i appear to them." 

I felt my heart burst open hearing the words sakhi from Lord Krishna, the very person I have spent my whole life worshipping. I have shared with him every happy or sad moments that hold importance to me.

" Hey govind, how did i ever manage to gain the position of sakhi to the paramathma?"

He chuckled," Have you not considered me your sakha? have you not worshipped me with a pure heart ?"

I was left speechless. After all, who can argue with Shri Krishna himself?

" I have an important task for you sakhi. Do I have your word that you will not refuse your sakha?"

"With your blessings, I can do anything and everything for you." I said with a smile.

"Good cause I need you to change the entire outcome of Mahabharat"