Dwaparyug

"Govind, what do you mean? How can I,  a normal human change the entire outcome of Mahabharat?"

He looked at me with mischief in his eyes, " No one is normal in this world Ayesha, we are all a part of paramathma." 

" You can choose any person to inhabit in the mahabharat epic. You will remember everything from your life in kaliyug. You need to stop the bloodshed within families and the millions of life lost in this war."

I was astounded with this major task that has been given to me. But when Keshav himself is with me I couldn't doubt my ability to do this task.

" Hey Shri Krishna, I want to be born as Yagnaseni Draupadi, and with your blessing and friendship, hopefully fulfill the task you have given me."

" Sakhi ki icha mere liye aadesh hai , Thathastu"

 I open my eyes to see the blazing fire around me, but for some reason it doesn't burn me

 I open my eyes to see the blazing fire around me, but for some reason it doesn't burn me. The fire feels like a father's embrace, soothing me with its warmth. I knew i had to step out and be born as Krishnaa. 

" Panchal raj Drupad ,I Draupadi have been born as your daughter. Please accept my pranam and bless me, pitashree"

I bend to seek his blessing but he steps back, " I have no use for a daughter. I have my son Dhrishtadyumn, who will seek revenge for my humiliation and be the pride of his father."

I noticed my twin look at me with no feelings of love. I saw his determination to fulfil his fathers wish and nothing else. 

" Pithashree, i have been born as a result of the ahuti you gave in the puja for our birth"

He looked angered that I dared to speak back to him "I was forced to by the gods. But you are not my daughter in my eyes."

He left with my twin and i was left alone in the kampilya with strangers looking at me pitifuly and some with fear. 

" Draupadi, I am your sister, shikandini, come with me. I will take you to the palace."

Her past life as amba flashed in front of my eyes. She was kidnapped from her swayamvar by gangaputhra bhishma to be wed to his half brother, vichitravirya . But she was secretly in love with salwa who refused to marry her because of bhishma. She swore revenge on him and as a boon from Mahadev, she will be the cause of his death.

"Pranam didi, is pitashree not happy with me?" I asked to know what her thoughts were.

"We live in a male dominated world krishnaa. He does not understand the value of a daughter nor does he see how special you are." She swept away silent tears secretly. 

Kampilya palace was truly wonderful. It was nothing like the palaces i have seen in kaliyug. 

In dwaparyug palaces are well maintained by hundreds of people on a daily basis

In dwaparyug palaces are well maintained by hundreds of people on a daily basis. Anything here was probably worth crores in the future. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts when a girl of about 10 years bumped into me. 

" I apologize for her behavior rajkumari" A women replied from behind me. 

"This is how children's behave" I replied with a smile "There is no need to apologize"

I bent down to the little girl and asked her " What is your name sakhi ?"

Her mother replied "Rajkumari, what are you saying? How can the daughter of a dasi be a friend to royal people? "

I chuckled silently as I remembered my conversation with govind about friendship "Do you mean to say i cannot be friends with her" I said with a sad face.

" Dont be sad rajkumari. I will definitely be your friend. You look so much like my doll" 

She proceeded to invite me to play with her friends and their dolls much to the astonishment of both her mother and shikandini jiji .

" But I don't have any dolls" 

She seemed to think for a while about the grave situation and decided with a smile.

" You can have my doll rajkumari " 

Such innocence was truly magical.