Relationship in a nutshell 1

Uncertain Crush

Rae jumped upon hearing the car's revving engine outside the gates. After contemplating her actions for the next few minutes, she smiled nervously. 'Okay, today is the day you find the answers.' She locked the gate, then turned to face the owner of the vehicle, but all she saw was the heavily tinted window of the LFA. The door suddenly opened before her. Rae took a deep breath before entering the car.

"Good morning, Rae!" Sykkuno greeted her with a kind smile, as she closed the door. She is used to hearing his voice every single morning given that they live in the Amigops Mansion with Toast and Corpse, but for some reason her chest never fails to feel ticklish.

Instead of answering him with a warm 'Morning, Syk!' like she does every morning, she just stared at him with a blank face. This made Sykkuno extremely confused. "D-Did I do something?" He asked nervously, feeling bad that he couldn't remember what action caused her to have such a blank expression. "Was it because I called you m'lady, yesterday?" He asked, but she was too busy with her internal conflict. Her silence made him feel awkward.

'Just do it.'

'But what if it changes everything?'

'Yeah, it's called a relationship.'

'Or strangers.'

The battle in Rae's mind made her oblivious to the awkward atmosphere she was creating. Sykkuno slowly faced the road. He felt a bit uncomfortable seeing that her blank face now turned into an intense gaze. "A-alright, I'll drive now..." He was about to step on the gas pedal, as a resort of trying to distract himself from her gaze, but remembered that Rae hadn't put on her seatbelt yet. "You should-" He was cut off the moment she finally decided to break the awkward silence between them.

"I wanna confirm something." As soon as she said that her hands travelled towards him to grasp his face. She then brought his face closer to hers, meeting him halfway, closing her eyes and hoping for the best.

Sykkuno couldn't even believe what had happened. One second they were awkward, then the next she was kissing him. On impulse, he grabbed her shoulder and separated them. His wrist immediately shielded his lips. Blood rushed through his face making him feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Rae opened her eyes to see an extremely reddened Sykkuno. She studied his emotions, and saw how dumbfounded and shocked he was. She saw him doing what she described to be an anime protagonist pose when they get their first kiss stolen.

'Janet was right. My heartbeat is beating loud and fast.' Rae thought to herself, a bit amused. "Can you hear it?" She asked calmly. Rae was unaware of poor Sykkuno's trembling mind.

"H-hear what?" Sykkuno felt like his heart was about to explode in happiness and embarrassment. He was acting like some teenage girl who got confessed to by his crush, while his crush was nonchalant about it.

'Almost as if what she had done hasn't sunk in.' He thought to himself. Too bad he doesn't know how right he was. Rae was too busy trying to sort out her feelings for her best friend, to even notice every action she's been doing.

"My heartbeat? It's extremely loud..." Rae suddenly thought of something. She leaned towards his chest, pressing her left ear.

"R-rae, why are you doing this?" Sykkuno was now extremely nervous. Nervous enough that he held his breath the moment she leaned towards him. If the car wasn't cold, then he would've been sweating like crazy.

"Shhh..." Rae interjected.

*lubdub*lubdub

The fast beat of his heart put a smile on her face. 'I have an effect on him!' She thought proudly. "We're in sync!" Sykkuno held her shoulder once again, pushing her gently.

"Wha?" Rae confusedly looked at Sykkuno.

"Stop this, Rae." He was trying to be stern, but it came out as a plea. Rae tilted her head, confused by his actions.

Sykkuno sighed. "Alright, fine." Seeing that she wasn't in her right mind, Sykkuno thought it would be perfect to give her a taste of her own medicine.

His eyes focused on her lips, as he leaned in. He lifted her chin up, and their lips met. 'Soft, strawberries...' His mind was losing it. To his surprise, Rae just closed her eyes, wrapping her arms around his neck to deepen their kiss. 'Sweet, addicting.' Sykkuno closed his eyes, feeling their lips move in harmony. Every now and then they would bite the other's lower lip to tease. Their long make out session was suddenly halted when Sykkuno's phone rang. As if they were hit by a large brick, they finally returned back to reality. They parted and immediately looked in the opposite direction.

"Ehem!" They coughed in unison, causing them to look at each other. They both shared a hearty laugh.

"Toast is calling. We better go?" Rae nodded, all flushed and quiet. Sykkuno put her seatbelt on before starting the car and driving away.

🌱☀

"So, what took you so long? It's been 15 minutes. Our house was a two minute drive from this restaurant." Toast questioned his two best friends who were all awkward and flushed.

"We fought!" They both answered in unison, which only succeeded at making Toast raise a questioning brow.

"Fought in what? Tongue dominance?" Toast asked with a smile, as he handed Sykkuno a napkin. He tried to sound aggressive, but his smile really gave him away. "Her chapstick left a small stain." If possible the two became more flushed than ever before.