Snake Charmer 9

Who is closer

For 9 whole days, she was present during their training segment. For 9 whole days, she tried to turn her attention into training, and for 9 whole days, she knew they achieved nothing.

They are currently at the training room. Sykkuno and Vivi were sitting at the table together.

"Are you stressed? Maybe, we should drop this training after all." Sykkuno said, as he scratched his head. 9 whole days and Vivi's not even close to figuring out how to hack, not even a single progress.

"No! I really want to learn! I'm just..." She trailed off looking away from him. "I'm just nervous." She mumbled. Sykkuno's eyes softened.

"Okay, why don't you try it again?" Sykkuno encouraged her.

"Okay!" Vivi was now energized due to Sykkuno's encouragement. She started hacking again, while Sykkuno stood up to get a better view of her screen. He stood directly behind her.

"You're doing good!" Sykkuno praised her. She was halfway through the hack. Vivi immediately got distracted by his compliment. "Oh, you're gonna miss the timing!" Sykkuno instinctively reached out for the mouse, his hand was directly placed above hers.

Rae couldn't take it anymore. She sent two flying kicks at the dummy before her which created a loud thud, completely startling Vivi which prompted her to mistype the code.

Sykkuno was surprised by Rae's rage. He was about to approach her, but Vivi dropped her head crying loudly on the table.

Rae suddenly felt bad, her rage vanished. She quickly approached Vivi and Sykkuno. "I'm sorry!" She apologized, but Vivi kept crying. Rae felt extremely terrible. She knew the frustrations of hacking next to the cheatcode, and the embarrassment of failing every attempt in front of him even with full instructions. "I'll get you some water!" Rae rushed off to the kitchen finding some desserts and juice to make up for her mistake. She returned to the training room only to see Sykkuno comforting Vivi in his arms. Vivi was still crying, clearly upset. 

The sight before her suddenly made her blood rise. Every step she took near them felt like small punches on her stomach. She dropped the food and drink on the table, and left the room before they could even notice her presence. She didn't know where her foot took her either. She walked around aimlessly for who knows how long. Her mind was just blank.

"Rachell!" She jumped when she heard someone yell her name. She felt that someone tugged her arm, forcing her to face them. "WTF, were you thinking?!" Poki screamed at her in anger. She held Rae's shoulders tightly. Hoping to snap her up, and bring her back to reality. Rae almost fell into their trap dungeon. Poki couldn't even comprehend what would've happened if she wasn't there.

"Imane..." Rae looked at Poki with tears forming in her eyes. "I feel upset." She confessed. Poki could hear the frustration in her voice. "I feel so upset, but I don't understand why. I... Why am I like this?" She smiled sadly at her, as tears fell from her eyes.

"Oh, Rae..." Poki hugged her. "How long are you gonna keep on fooling yourself?" Poki asked her softly. "You know the answer, but you can't accept it, right?" Rae clenched her fist.

'She's right.' She knew all along, but chose not to understand it. The both of them stayed quiet, while Rae sorted out her emotions. "Imane..." Poki hummed to her in response. "Don't tell Jan-Jan." Rae pleaded with her.

Poki couldn't help but to laugh. "I sure won't, otherwise the person responsible for your tears would be hairless the next day." Rae smiled at her reply. "What are we gonna do about Celine though? We can't hide anything from that ferocious tiger." The simple thought of bumping into the two made them shiver in fear. "We better get those tears dry, before your eyes become sore." Poki immediately broke their hug in order to dry Rae's tears using her handkerchief.