Snake Charmer 13

Red sky

Rae stayed silent. She noticed how good their hearing was, and she's not risking anything. The loud beating of her heart became calm the moment she heard his voice.

The two seekers continued going their way despite the darkness. She was thankful for her savior's plot armor. She considers it a miracle that the seekers walk past them. They waited for a couple of seconds in case the seekers were still roaming outside waiting for them to come out.

"It's dark but if you do not remember the steps then you can hold my hand. I'll guide you." She could feel his hot breath on her neck, as he whispered quietly. He slowly removed his hand from his mouth.

"Where are we going?" She asked, as she felt him move. "Mr. Lang's waiting for us at the lobby. We don't have much time left." Rae sharpened her senses. Sykkuno guided her toward the handrail of the stairs. Her left hand was holding the handrail, while right hand was holding Sykkuno's hand. She bit her lip the moment she slipped on the first step down. Sykkuno immediately leaned backwards using his body weight to stop her from falling.

"Jeez, you're a tank..." She whispered as Sykkuno chuckled.

"I learned after that tackle of yours gave me a concussion." Rae bit her lip to stop herself from laughing at the memory.

It was the first day that Sykkuno moved in with them at the cartel. They were at war because he kept refusing or rather would not even think of hugging her, and so she decided to surprise him with a hug. She tackled him once he entered his room, and she succeeded in getting a hug from a passed out Sykkuno. Later that day Sykkuno woke up with a mild concussion. Jodi came and explained to Rae why Sykkuno doesn't like hugging any girl. Rae was shocked after hearing the story of that awkward hug Jodi and Sykkuno both shared. A crushed hand from an awkward hug, and a concussion from a surprised one. If Sykkuno stopped approaching the girls next, then she wouldn't even blame him. To her surprise, Sykkuno became more expressive the next day.

"Stop making me laugh." She whispered as a smile managed to escape her lips.

"You're tense." Rae forgot that he was still holding her hand, and that hand was shaking due to stress and fear. She failed to notice how strong her grip was on his hand. "Get on my back. I'll take you downstairs." Seems like Rae's not the only one that's forgetful. Sykkuno forgot about his leg injury all because he was too busy worrying about Rae.

Rae accepted his offer, fearing that she'll only slow them down given that she couldn't remember the steps. "Don't slip." Rae reminded him as Sykkuno smiled. He gave her a piggyback ride until the reached the ground floor. They were quiet all the way down listening for footsteps just in case the seekers came back. The plot armor did it again though. Sykkuno's luck is just incredible. They managed to reach the lobby without any disturbance whatsoever. "Syk, you can put me down now." Sykkuno immediately followed her command. Once Rae got off of him, Sykkuno immediately fell down. "Syk!" Rae yelled. She was surprised to see him so pale. She caught him before he reached the floor.

"I... I forgot." Sykkuno breathlessly muttered. Rae suddenly felt something the floor was slippery so she decided to look down. She gasped after she noticed the trail of blood that was coming out of Sykkuno's leg.

"You're injured!" Sykkuno smiled at Rae's bewildered face.

"If you don't keep your voice down they'll find us." Sykkuno forced a smile. His leg felt numb. The added weight pressured his injury to bleed. Sykkuno is known for three things: his undeniable charm, his miraculous luck, and of course his impeccable timing. After saying that the seekers are going to find them. A seeker suddenly emerged behind the front desk.