Race to your heart 6

Sykkuno

Being with Rae online or at the café feels so natural. I feel energized even after a long day at work just by catching a glimpse of her silliness.

"Syk, do you think your memories will return?" There it is again. The pained expression she tried so hard to hide.

"Maybe, maybe not. All I know is that every memory has a trigger." Scared. What is she so afraid of?

"Your feelings... H-Have they returned?" this isn't the time but I find her stutter cute. "well?" I was too busy admiring her cuteness.

"We'll see..." My memories haven't returned, but my feelings never changed. I don't want to tell her that. It's weird.

"Then, shall I capture your heart?" I coughed at her antic. "How about we play a game then?" I think I've seen enough movies to see where this is heading.

"Oh, look at the time! Boy, it's closing time already? I have to ho home." She stared at me in shock.

"So, no valo?" HAVE YOU SEEN HOW AGGRESSIVE YOU ARE?

"No, thank you, m'lady." I immediately covered my mouth as Rae smirked.

"A trigger! Now, we really have to playy!" Without asking for my opinion she grabbed my hand and dragged me to the office. She made me sat down next to her with our shoulders touching. "I'll take care of the movement, you take the abilities!" I can't say no to that smile! How is this fair? And she insta-locked Reyna. Great, a kid just flamed us.

I glanced at her and she was smiling. I was ready to cover my ears anticipating that she'll yell at the kid but she just muted him. Guess, she's in a good mood. Why is my heart beating so loud? Can she hear it? "Syk, focus! Game's about to start!" The game's already loaded in. Time was much slower from what I experienced earlier, not that I'm complaining. I just find it hard to focus due to our close proximity. Good thing it's unrated, huh?

Our movement was fluid, do we often play games like this? Was I really that lucky? My muscles are moving on it's own, looks like it retained some of our practices. Our shoulders would bump from time to time and I feel like my heart's about to explode.

"12-12! Last round! We got this!" All I hear was her voice and the sound of her breathing. She completely took over now cause I was too focused on her.

"Sykkuno?" I can hear her voice over and over again, but it's all in my head. She's not talking.

"We did it!" She turned and smiled. I can't take it. My head's throbbing so bad. It hurts. Before I knew it, I dropped my head on her shoulder. Slowly losing my consciousness.

"I've...loved...play together..." Something slipped out of my mouth which I couldn't quite make out.