Snake Charmer 11

Set up

"Mickey, can you take Vivi to her room? I'll meet up with Mr. Lang." Mickey and Sykkuno knew that Rae would need some time to cool off.

"Vivi, can you tell me where your room is?" Sykkuno smiled at the both of them before leaving to find Lang.

"I-I'm supposed to share it with Rae." Vivi answered. It took her a while to answer given that Yeager gave her quite the scare. "But, I think I should stay at Sykkuno's room so Rae can calm down first. She's a bit intimidating, don't you think?" Mickey would've agreed with her, if it weren't for the fact that he could see through her intentions.

"Listen, Yeager didn't mean that." Mickey started. 'Oh, he sure did.' He thought to himself. "He tends to judge people by what he sees without knowing anything." Mickey comforted her. 'Oh, he knew everything. He can empathize with people easily.' His brain was contradicting his words. "So, please. Lovely lady, pardon my dearest brother." Vivi laughed at the sudden formality. 'Hopefully, Rae calms down soon.' He was worried for Sykkuno's sake.

"You're quite the charmer, Mr. Mickey." Vivi giggled and Mickey smirked.

"Puh-lease, my skills are only half as good as Sykkuno's. That man can charm even a happily married couple." Mickey chuckled, remembering that one time a cop said he'll divorce his wife if Yuno smiles at him, Baas never brought Yuno over at the police station again.

Mickey chatted with Vivi all the way to Sykkuno's room. When they reached the room Vivi suddenly became shy. "Ah, that's right. The room only has one bed..." She blushed deep red.

"Sykkuno can room with us. You can take this room." Vivi's mood immediately changed.

"No, no!" came her immediate response. Mickey tried his best not to raise an eyebrow at her. "I'll talk to Rae after. Her room has a double bed."

Her room does not have a double bed. Rae smiled bitterly, thinking that she grabbed the wrong key. 'Great, now Vivi and Sykkuno will have to share a room together.' Rae scolded herself. She slid down behind her door, embarrassment and regret were now applying to her conscience.

"Rae?" A soft knock from the door made her jump from surprise. "Rae, are you inside?" He knocked once again. "I'm sorry about today. That kiss meant nothing." Rae rested her head on the door. "Keep your doors locked at all times. I'll come again later." As soon as she heard the footsteps fading away, Rae reached for the doorknob and locked it.

'He spoke softly. Is Vivi not with him?' Rae did remember Mickey approaching them before she left, and Mickey usually entertains people.

Rae stood up and walked towards her bed. She collapsed on the bed. "I freaked out for nothing." She hugged her pillow frustratedly and buried her face into it, reflecting on her actions. "I have to apologize!" The scene of her slapping him suddenly came into view. She really messed up.

🌱

"Mr. Lang, you were looking for me?" Sykkuno asked when he spotted the CB circle.

"Yuno!" Mr. Lang came to greet him with open arms. "Yeager's been freaking out about you and Rae. What happened?" He asked his boy.

Sykkuno sighed. "It's a long story, Mr. Lang. I can't reveal anything unless it's over." He whispered to Lang. Lang nodded.

"Well, it sucks boys, but Yuno said that we can't do anything." The boys all said 'aww' in dismay. "You could at least explain to us what's going on between you and Rae, right." Sykkuno sighed for the second time.