Race to your heart 2

Rae

April 15 the day of our anniversary he vanished into thin air. Friends and family were all looking for him, but none were successful until the 30th of May. Lily and Toast found him at the hospital 2 cities away from ours. He was sleeping peacefully on the bed. The doctors asked who we were and I answered that I am his wife. His gaze travelled to my hand and I presented my ring to him.

"Ms. Rachell?" My eyebrows furrowed at how he was able to recognize me even without asking for my name. I could only nod in return. The lump in my throat upon seeing my husband in terrible conditions prevented me from uttering a word. "We wanted to call, but his phone was crushed into a million bits. On the 15th of April he was brought here by an ambulance. Out of the 13 people that arrived that day, he was the only survivor." My hand immediately flew to my mouth due to shock.

"I believe it was a car accident. A truck was spiraling out of control which hit the nearby flower shop." I felt my legs weakening so I sat on the  visitor chair beside his room. "He was awake when he got here. He was clutching this ring and those flowers like his life depended on it." He gestured towards the flowers the were still blooming beautifully. "He kept muttering 'She's waiting for me. I can't let her wait or she'll kill me.' over and over again." Syk...

"It was our anniversary that day."  My voice finally came out. "He told me to meet him at the exact place where we first started our story." The doctor's eyes widened.

"Then that must be the reason why he can't remember!" I felt like my heart just shattered into a million pieces.

"Can't remember what?" It's a case of retrograde amnesia, isn't it? An amnesia that causes a person to lose the memories that lead up to the accident. Every single string connected will be forgotten. "It was our anniversary that day." The doctor opened his mouth but said nothing. It was as if realization had just struck him.

"The... Ring..." He carefully handed my husband's ring towards me. "I'll come back to check on him when he wakes up." It could be worse. He could be in a coma or death for all I know.

I stood in front of his room, quietly looking at him from the small glass panel on the door. "Nothing will happen if you keep standing there." I turned towards Toast who glared at me.

"Felt like I intruding."

"YOU'RE HIS WIFE" The stress in every word could be heard clear as day.

"Not now, he doesn't remember." Toast looked at me as if he wanted to slap me.

"THEN, WE'LL MAKE HIM REMEMBER." Toast grabbed the ring from my hand and barged in Sykkuno's hospital room. He walked towards his bed and gently placed the ring on his finger. "Sykkuno was working at Lily's cafe, right? We'll start there."