Chapter 0: A new family

Yokohama area,Japan

In the middle of a rainy day, a young girl around 7 years old was sitting alone outside of an orphanage,with only a small brown and white small puppy accompanied her. The young girl possesses some strange features unusual and uncommon to other humans,such as rose pink color hair, a pair of blood red eyes and cat ears-like horns on top of her head. And because this feature of her's,both adults and other kids around her age would always harassing her brutally in a daily basis, making her life miserable.

The grownup in the orphanage will usually ignored and/or shunned her as if she was a dangerous beast in human form while the other kids will usually tormented her daily by pulling cruel pranks on her and calling her terrible nicknames. Day after day,the young rosette girl was forced to endure the long abuse and torment from the other kids in the orphanage, especially from a young boy named Tomoo along with his two buddies.

The young girl's name was Lucy, mainly because she has no other name after she was dropped off at that orphanage as an infant. Lucy wished that someday she'd be able to find a way to escaped the orphanage and started a new life away from her horrible current home. But the young girl can only grimaced because nobody would wanted to adopt a freak like her and stared absentmindedly at her dog friend, Gio. The brown colored dog seems to have sense his friend's sadness and trying to comfort her by licking her face.

Lucy can only smile sadly at her only friend,"Thanks Gio,but you don't need to worried about me." But deep down in her little heart,Lucy wished that someday she and Gio was able to leave this horrible orphanage and find a place where she can be accept as who she really is and have a loving family. Little that Lucy knew that her little prayer was about to be answered.

•~~~••~~•
The next morning,the orphanage Lucy residing was in an uproar because there's a famous robot scientist came all the way from America to visit Japan. And now the said scientist had happened to be passing by the orphanage and decided to visit the place. The scientist was a man about early twenties with a rather stout stature. His dark brown skin indicated that the man was of Indian-American descent,and his hair was messy and black in color. He wears the typical white scientists labcoat with his ID card pinned to his right pocket with his name written on it, Isaac Sumdac.

The kids of the orphanage gawked with amazement because a famous robotics scientists came to visit the orphanage they resided and started swarming the scientist,save for Lucy, who merely stare the stout man with great curiosity while hugging her dog close to her.

Many of the children were asking questions about how or why he became a robotic scientist,while others asked why he came to visited Japan in the first place.

Isaac answered the orphanage kid's questions one by one in the best of his ability, smiling at the young kids great enthusiasm and eagerness. But there is one child that seems to caught his attention from the other orphanage children. Far from the swarming young kids,a young girl around 7 years old with rose pink hair,blood red eyes and oddly shaped accesories on her head,was staring at him blankly and from what he get from her appearance,the young rosette looked rather thin compare to the rest of the childrens in the orphanage and pale looking as if she was ill. Cuddling close to her was a brown colour puppy with some white spots on it's face. The young rosette girl looked away from Isaac's face,seemingly ignoring the scientist but her red eyes told him otherwise. It's dark and devoid of live & emotions. The only emotions that Isaac could get from the rosette's lifeless eyes was loneliness and longing.

The scientist looked at the rosette young girl with great pity and sympathy. He can tell that the young girl was an outcast considering that she stay quiet all the time and none of the kids seemed to liked her.

Isaac then approached the orphanage director,wanting some information about the pink haired girl. "Excuse me,miss. But could you tell me more about that little girl with the pink hair?" He asked to the director,who simply looked at Isaac with great shock as if he grew a second head.

She tried to changed the subject but the scientist doesn't seem to be buying her bait and then she reluctantly tells him," That girl,Lucy was found in front of the orphanage door as a baby. We don't know why she was abandoned here, but she's... "

"I'll take her!" Isaac said firmly, shocking the director and the childrens,including Lucy." No matter what her flaws and disability are, I will adopted her. Now give me those damn adoption papers so I can sign them. No excuses."

The other kids were in shock and dismay as they whispering among themselves as they watch Isaac signed the needed adoption paper for Lucy. The bizarre event left the said rosette haired girl speechless,as she continued to watch the scientist signed up her adoption papers. 'Is this really happening? My wish finally came true?' Lucy asked herself not bothering to hold back her tears of happiness.

After finish signing the last needed paper, Prof. Sumdac gently gesture Lucy to come to him. Cautiously,Lucy approaches the scientist until she and her dog were only merely inches away from the man. Isaac then pulled the young rosette into a warm gentle hug. Lucy just wrapped her arms around her new father,crying softly against the older man's chest as her wish of leaving the orphanage finally came true.

"Alright dear,let's get you and your little friend home." Isaac said to his new daughter as he carried her and her dog,Gio into his personal van with the orphanage director & the other orphans watched the new father and daughter pair with great disbelief.

•~••~~~••~~•
Several hours later after their departure from the orphanage,Prof. Sumdac stopped his van in front of a mini market to buy some snacks for his new daughter and pet dog.

"What would you like to buy,my dear?" Prof. Sumdac asked Lucy gently. The young rosette just simply looked at him confused since she never had a favorite food during her orphanage life,so she just shooked her head indicated that she didn't know.

Prof. Sumdac simply sigh softly, knowing how confused the young rosette is to the outside world. He then asked Lucy to join him to the mini market so she can pick what snack she like and some dog biscuits for the young rosette' dog.

Inside the store,there are two different sections,the snack section and the soft drinks section. In the snack section,many snacks ranging from candies,chocolates,chips, cookies, and pastries where displayed on many racks. In the soft drink section, soda,juice boxes, energy drinks, and yogurt were tidily displayed on the racks of the refrigerator.

Lucy stared at the snacks filled racks with great wonders,while her stomach gurgles unintentionally, making the young rosette blushes in embarrassment.

"It's seems like somebody was hungry. "Prof. Sumdac chuckled,picking up a bag full of potato chips,a bag full of dog biscuits, bags of bread slices and a few cartons of milk.

The younger girl simply looked away in embarrassment, but look back to the one of the shelf of the cookies and biscuits section.

"Is there's anything you would like to buy, Lucy?" Prof. Sumdac follow the direction the rosette was pointing. She point to a jar full of cookies,before picking it up and put it with the rest of the groceries.

He then went to pay for the groceries at the mini cashier.

"How much does it's cost,Miss?" Prof. Sumdac politely asked the lady cashier.

"That will be ¥5.500,sir." The cashier lady said with an equally polite speech.

Then,Prof. Sumdac give the cashier lady the payment for the groceries. And with all had paid, Prof. Sumdac and Lucy went back to the van and continued their trip to the Airport.