Prologue - Mates

[Kilyan]

I took a last drag from my cigarette before I flicked it away and stepped on it to extinguish it. Another day at school which I really couldn't be bothered with, but I had to go. I almost gave in to the temptation of smoking another just to avoid entering the building but my best friend and Beta Lucian got to me first.

"Don't sweat it, Yan. I'm sure she won't be a hag. The gods aren't evil you know?" He wriggled his eyebrows and I hit him on the back of his head. 

"Shut up." I growled and stared at the school as if I could magically make it go up in flames or something so I didn't have to go in. It had been like this ever since my wolf had grown restless, which had to mean that we would find our mate soon. I know that this should be great, with me being the future Alpha and all that, but I was scared shitless. I liked my life as it was and I didn't want a mate who would just be clingy and annoying to ruin it. I had always known that the other wolves wouldn't understand this, so the only one who knew how I felt about mates was Lucian. He knew me inside and out, just as I knew him. Which is why I was so suspicious when he failed his exams twice already, meaning that he was still in his last year of school with me even though he was 20 years old already. He was hiding something from me but I wasn't going to pry. If he wanted to tell me, he would've. I shrugged and started walking towards school.

"Yannie!" I whirl around, gladly accepting this chance to delay my entrance into the dreaded building full of young mateless wolves who would all be begging to me my mate.

"Eden, my favourite cousin in the world-"

"I'm your only cousin in the world." She sassed and I laughed it off, slinging my arm around her shoulders.

"But you're still my favourite." She scowled at me when I lightly tapped her nose with my pointer finger.

"You- just- okay doesn't matter. I just want to know why you've been so antsy lately? You're not acting like yourself." My mind was racing- I didn't want to tell her, because she would freak, first because I hadn't told her earlier and second because she would probably want to help me find her.

"Oh just busy, you know? Dad is talking about handing over the Alpha title- stuff like that you know?" She nodded but I knew she wasn't buying it. My wonderful cousin was only half wolf. Her mother was a Mentis fairy which meant that Eden had inherited her powers of telepathy and telekinesis. And although she had promised to not read my thoughts, she should still feel my emotions and detect when I was lying. She usually didn't comment on it though.

"We're still on for training later though right?" She grinned up at me and I laughed. this girl was way too into fighting. But I wasn't  complaining; she knew how to fight and was very skilled in both wolf and fairy fighting. 

"Sure, I'll see you after Rugby practice okay?" She nodded and pushed me away, before running into the school building. I looked back at Lucian, to see him staring off into space, but he didn't respond so I snapped my fingers in front of his face.

"Come on. You can't let me go in there alone, buddy." His eyes suddenly snapped back into focus and he stared at me for a second before shaking his head like a wet dog. He huffed and told me to just get it over with as he walked into school, but before I could take another step the most amazing smell hit my nose. Chocolate, it smelt of chocolate. I closed my eyes and turned towards the smell until I hit an obstacle, but the smell only grew more intense and I realised it was the source of it. Tingles erupted across my front half where I had hit the person in front of me. I opened my eyes quickly and stared into the most amazing, alluring chocolatey brown pair of eyes I had ever seen. But the body to which those eyes belonged had me reeling back a bit. A boy, and not just any boy no. Eden's best friend Luke. I stared at him wide-eyed and he stared back at me equally as shocked. His brown hair was tousled in that messy way and his cheeks were flushed from running, he looked incredibly cute and I just wanted to- No, bad Kilyan. I continued to stare at him though and only snapped out of it when he lifted his hand to my cheek and I shivered in pleasure at the touch. My wolf rejoiced and jumped around in happiness in the back of my head, but I just continued to stare. The school bell rang and my eyes grew even wider, if that was possible.

"No, I-" And I ran away. I ran into my class, which I didn't have with Luke luckily, since he didn't take French and I ignored Lucian who was next to me, trying ot talk to me. I didn't even understand what Madame Amiot was saying, I didn't care. I had found my mate, but my mate... was a male. Luke Peterson, what am I going to do?

Okay this is just a small taster, I will probably update with the first chapter tomorrow and I hope you will like it! It'll be from both Kilyan's and Luke's Point of View, so please enjoy!

Please vote and comment <3 I love to hear what my readerlings think!

Love, Kxx

Alpha, Beta, Gamma? [bxb]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें