Chapter 7

Two weeks went by fast for George and his plan of escaping earlier was long forgotten. Turned out, Dream wasn't that bad. He was a nice person once you got to know him, but George still felt something holding him back from trusting Dream completely.

"Hey, George, look at this. Can you believe this?" Dream asked, waving a paper in front of George's face.

George covered his face with his hand, and swatted at Dream. "Well, I can't see it if you don't stop moving it."

"Sorry not sorry, now look." Dream said, ignoring George's sarcasm, George scooted closer in his chair to lean over towards Dream.

The two were in Dream's study, George had been sitting in a chair nearby reading, while Dream looked at the report of the Ranger's capitol city. Two weeks of bonding had been enough for George and Dream to become friends that seemed like they had been friends for years.

But only one of them was genuinely and truly being a friend. Dream held a secret bigger than his castle. Manipulate George and use him.

"What am I supposed to be looking at?" George asked, skimming the paper with his eyes.

Dream rolled his eyes and pointed at the headline, "Look, somebody important died this morning."

George rolled his eyes, "And I'm supposed to know who this important person is?" He leaned back in his chair and folded his arms.

"Well, no. But I just thought you would like to know." Dream's smug smile made George laugh.

"Gee, thanks. I couldn't have gone on living without knowing this priceless information." George said sarcastically.

"Well, the cool part about this is that he was murdered." Dream said, "But that's boring, I'll just leave you alone now." He turned away from George and pretended to be very interested in the paper.

George sat up and grabbed Dream's arm, "Woah, woah, woah, wait I want to know. Tell me." He protested.

Dream shook his head, "Nope, you don't want to know."

"That's what you think." George said and before Dream could stop him, he had slipped the paper out of Dream's grasp. "Oops. Looks like I have the paper now."

Dream sighed, but leaned back as well to read the rest of the paper with George, "Wow, you're so slick. I let you grab it."

"Uh huh, sure, whatever helps you sleep at night." George said half distracted, reading the paper.

Dream's shoulder brushed up against George's and George stiffened. He looked out of the corner of his eye at Dream, but nothing betrayed Dream's intentions. I'm just overthinking everything, this is normal.

--

Dream smiled slightly to himself at George's reaction, "Did anybody ever tell you that you have nice eyes." He suddenly found himself asking.

George froze, "W-what kind of a question is that?" He stuttered.

Dream shrugged, the action causing him to brush against George again. Oops.

"Well?" Dream asked again. And George moved to look at Dream. "Yeah, plenty of times."

Dream looked up at George's eyes, "Then why are you so flustered at a well asked question?"

"W-well, because nobody's actually said that before. They all think I'm weird and different." George confessed, he looked away so that Dream wouldn't think he was going to cry.

"I don't think you're weird. I think they are gorgeous." Dream said confidently.

George stood up suddenly, and turned completely away from Dream to look out a window.