Chapter 13

Dream studied the window, he didn't have much time and he was struggling to keep calm. The night had gone by quickly and he had come up with nothing on how to escape. His eyes were heavy and he was tired regardless of his anxiety. He had no idea what time it was but he had a feeling the war would begin soon, if not an hour from now.

What was George doing right now? Was he aware of what he was being used for? Dream couldn't allow Eret to use George to kill George's family, George would be scarred for life, he wouldn't be the same.

Dream slumped against the wall and stared at the only source of light in the room. A few stars shone dimly through the window and he could see streaks of light yellow and pink painted across the night sky. It was almost dawn. Almost the beginning of the war. Almost the beginning of the end.

A thump against the wall woke Dream suddenly, he must have fallen asleep. He quickly looked out the window and sighed in relief, seeing it was still relatively dark. He stood up slowly, pressing his ear against the door. Struggling and a cut off yell reached his ears, and he had to quickly step back as the door flew open.

Dream eyes widened, "Sapnap?!"

Sapnap managed a grin as he caught his breath, "The one and only." He said, flourishing his arm out as he mockingly bowed.

"How did you know I was here?" Dream asked, following Sapnap out of the room as they hurried down the hall.

Sapnap turned to look at him as they ran, his grin fading. "When you didn't show up after an hour I thought something was up so I asked around for you. But no one knew where you were. When I was looking around, I found the room you were in and thought it was a bit suspicious that there were guards there, since that room isn't ever holding anything important. I asked them what they were guarding but they wouldn't tell me, so I beat them up and then found you."

Dream grabbed his sleeve and pulled Sapnap into a short hug. "Thank you, for going after me."

Sapnap smirked, "Sure thing brother. Now let's go finish this war."

Dream smiled back, as they burst through the courtyard doors and into the waking sunlight.

--

Eret smiled, his hands behind his back and his gaze fixed on the forest edge across the field. With everything set, all they had to do was wait for the Elves to be spotted. Archers stood in the front lines and sword and axe bearers waited behind to rush forward after the first rain of arrows were fired. George lay in the machine behind Eret, the machine on and ready to be used and Punz stood beside Eret, awaiting orders.

A Ranger who was hidden farther across the field, used his sword to reflect the sunlight towards Eret, silently alerting the army that the Elves had been spotted. Eret raised his hand and the archers readied their crossbows, aiming at the forest line.

But before they could fire, a rain of arrows fired from different directions from the forest, hitting the Rangers ahead and a few of the archers. Eret yelled, "FIRE!" And his arrows were shot, he hoped they had hit their marks.

The archers moved to the back, and the sword and axe wielders were ordered to rush forward, as the Elves appeared from the overgrowth. As the Rangers met the Elves in one big clang of steel meeting steel, all hell broke loose.

And Eret laughed.

--

Dream and Sapnap grimaced as the sounds of metal hitting metal and cries of pain rang out from the far meadow. The war had begun, and they were too late to stop it. All they could do now was hope they could get there in time to stop Eret from using George against his will. And Dream wasn't sure how.

As the two ran over the hill and the battle was visible, Dream stood in shock. So much blood was already spilled and it had hardly been five minutes. He scanned the field for Eret and George and as his eyes fell on them, he gritted his teeth. Eret was laughing. The maniac was laughing. At the lives that were being destroyed and the pain being made. Dream didn't understand how his father who he had looked up to was suddenly so crazy and bloodthirsty.

What had happened to the father who was like his best friend to him?

— Heheh, cliffhanger. :p —

Why sad? Cliffhanger? -G