Preview

The sky was dark and red, as red as hell and as black as night. Not even the birds dared fly, it was as if they knew what had happened there.

It was impossible not to. Even after six hours, the city still burned.

He watched afar off from 'the Jewel'— a boat, his father's most prized possession—and couldn't help the way his stomach wrenched.

Even now, he doubted his father had made it out alive. His fellow seamen; sailors, merchants, and even coast salesmen could only stare on, kilometers offshore, as skyscrapers fell under the strain of the raging flames.

Some wept and some no longer had tears to spare. But he wept, if not for himself but for the people that hadn't made it.

He looked down below, from the deck into the blue sea. The water was surprisingly calm after everything, a contradiction of how he felt.

The casualties were sure to be too much to count, he thought. It really had been unexpected, giving no time for any evacuation of any kind.

He exhaled sitting down on a chair he'd taken out earlier, glancing at the once great city again.

A city is great until it is brought to its knees. And who would have thought the sea would have been their only escape?

He definitely hadn't.
.
.

.
.
.
Hi guys! Taiwolilly here😊❤
I've been contemplating for a while whether I should continue this book and after much deliberation, I decided to continue!😁

This is going to be much different in a way from my first three books but it'll be in a good way trust me.

If this is your first time reading my work please check out my profile to read some of my other works. I guarantee you won't leave disappointed.

I have a reason I write. I write to spread a little bit of light in this world. How about you join me and see how?