Chapter Fourteen: Them meeting

Reuben still had the goofy smile on his face. He remembered how she had quickly gone in ahead of him to sign in.

She had looked so cute.

He was heading to the Combat station.

It was by far one of the largest structures within Wall Victoria.

It was for training in different skills and Reuben was the head.

The recruits will arrive any minute now, so he started a little warm-up.

There were different kinds of arsenals displayed in front of him. He was skilled in every single one.

He took a gun and examined it. It was a standard edition for the US police.

The police service pistol, the GLOCK 22 fires the potent 40 S&W cartridges and holds more rounds for its size and weight than most full-sized handguns in its class.

It always came in handy when he fought mutants, animal or otherwise.

But there were some things no amount of armoury could subdue. He glanced down at his cross. The name behind it has saved him more time than he could count.

He pointed the gun at the target and off-loaded all rounds within seconds. Smoke sizzled from the mouth of the pistol.

And in front of him was a perfect centre hit for all shots fired.

Reuben smiled to himself.

"You're not a member of the deadly three for nothing."

Reuben turned in time to see the white-haired man making an entrance, as always his assistance was nearly stuck to his hip.

Kiera was a beautiful and dauntless woman that even he has acknowledged many times.

He welcomed them.

"Elliot, I didn't know you were at Victoria."

He came in front of him and did the customary bow as he was a councilman.

He chanced a look at Kiera who stood unmoving as a statue, one hand on her rifle as always.

"I was put in charge to oversee things," Elliot answered curtly.

Elliot observed Reuben. He has always admired his skills and ruthlessness. He's never failed to impress him.

"I need you to do something for me."

Reuben raised an eyebrow. That was sudden.

Elliot wasn't the type to ask for favours. He accomplished everything almost always on his own. It was strange that he was asking for his help.

"Whatever you need boss."

Kiera moved then and spoke,

"We need you at the shack."

Reuben raised an eyebrow.

"There's a man we arrested a while back. His name is Tom.

He was exiled some years back from the Shelter for causing the death of one of the members of his troops.