Chapter Fifteen: Silver Hair

Elyon didn't know what to feel when the white-haired man showed up.

Why are you here?

All he cared about was how the woman in front of him was looking at him.

They seem close, closer than he would care to admit.

Leila was supposed to be looking at him. Those eyes should be for him alone.

Her blue eyes were no longer staring into his moss greens but at the councilman's grey ones.

"Elliot," she breathed.

For a split second, she looked as though she could cry.

When she turned to look at him again, Lyon felt something he's never felt before.

It was a pull. It stirred deep inside of him and it felt dangerous. Lyon wanted to reach out and hold her.

His hand twitched.

"I'll see you around Elyon."

Leila left him and he noticed Elliot following suit without a word, there seems to be an unspoken word between them and the atmosphere felt heavy.

Lyon hadn't even given him the customary bow they had been taught to give to councilmen.

To hell with that.

His rabbit was upset and that councilman had everything to do with it.

*******

The train ride back to Elizabeth was torture.

Elliot kept looking at Leila but she was bent on ignoring him.

Elliot knew he was in trouble. He could tell. They were the only ones in the car other than his assistant. Everyone else transiting to Elizabeth had to take the next car on the train. The first car was reserved for the officials.

Leila could ride along because he permitted it.

'Probably another reason why everyone hated her' she thought.

"Leila."

Leila didn't answer him.

She needed him to know that he couldn't do as he pleased.

Elliot looked agitated.

He hated it when she ignored him. She always did that when he did something wrong.

It wasn't the first time he'd done something that made her mad at him.

"Why did you do that?"

Elliot felt his heart skip a beat.

"I-"

Leila shook her head and finally turned to look at him. Her eyes were piercing but they were still the most beautiful in the world.

The same eyes that would always smile at him were now looking at him in disappointment.

"You always do this," Leila said lowly.