Invasion Imminent

It was now a few weeks since Michelangelo had returned home he and his brothers knew The Kraang would repair the damage and their return and Invasion was imminent in fact they were surprised they were taking this long they had expected it by now!

The turtles informed Master Splinter of all that happened & knew and he had the turtles training hard preparing themselves for what was coming, the battle of their lives! Leo had been readying their weapons going over every tactic he thought up and was as prepared as possible, Donnie was beavering away trying to get the turtle Mech ready now he had the power source for it but not much time to spare the invasion was imminent.

As usual Mikey found he wasn't included in the planning of anything despite his ordeal and close up knowledge of The Kraang his family assumed he lost all that intelligence once he came back through the portal but they were incorrect in their assumptions and Mikey didn't want to correct them, they probably wouldn't believe him anyway.

Mikey was internally out of sorts on high alert and was doing a better job focussing which Sensei had  picked up on, during training he was less disruptive but acted 'in character' enough to not draw much attention or concern but he wasn't his usual self and was still as loud mouthed and scatterbrained as ever & Splinter was keeping his eye on his youngest son feeling he wasn't quite himself & it was as if he was trying hard to act like his old self and being unnatural as he did so. He was calm too calm. He lacked interest in watching TV & was cooking healthy food & not showing any interest in pizza or junk food it wasn't like the Mikey they knew.

But Splinter decided not to address it for now & focus on getting his sons ready for the battle of their lives but Raphael had also noticed, he had picked up a few changes in Mikey while the other two brothers hadn't, too focused on their own priorities pay attention. They did notice the food changes but it didn't concern them to worry. But Raph always had instinct to protect his brothers seeing it as his role in the family and was always a little more vigilant especially where Mikey was concerned and he was concerned.

It was a late Thursday afternoon the turtles usually rested at this time ahead of their night time patrol, they kept the news on to see if anything was reported or happening regarding The Krang. 

Mikey was sitting in front of the TV not watching it but doodling in his drawing book, he had drawn in great detail every creature he has encountered in Dimension X and written down it's abilities and tactics to use and not to use when fighting it, combining his knowledge & artistic skills as Raph peered over Mikey's shoulder noticed Mikey was so concentrated on what he was doing this was not like him so he got curious and had to look. It was out of character & Raph needed to know what was going on with him.

"What ya doing their knucklehead?" Raph asked keeping it casual addressing Mikey as he normally would, so Mikey would hopefully relax with him as they spoke, he felt it had greater chance than if he clammed up under pressure of scrutiny.

"nothin' just drawing" Mikey said, although he'd seen it a bit Raph asked if he would show him, 

"Can I see?" he asked, Mikey nodded and handed it over,  Mikey swallowed air thickly nervous,

"Hey, Mikey this is really good & useful too, good job little brother" Raph said as Mikey was looking wide eyed, Mikey felt uncomfortable and uneasy,

"What's up" Raph asked him, 

"nothing, I thought you wouldn't like it & think it stupid" Mikey replied, trying brush it off,

"Why would you think that?" Raph asked, 

Mikey shrugged "You usually... don't like my art" Mikey said in a flat tone not looking at Raph, he didn't understand his inner turmoil, and wasn't being honest with his feelings.