Rescue & Road Trip Part 5

Donnie had managed to shut down the portal and blow up the computer system by overloading it's power it would take some fixing & take some time and no more alien trash could enter in the meantime Donnie figured as they ran outside quickly before the building itself become a raging inferno which it was on the brink of doing thanks to the explosions blowing the portal triggered.

Answering his ringing T-Phone "Casey meet us outside TCRI & hurry" Donnie gasped as he looked at Master Splinter carrying his lifeless brother as they made it outside and felt the cool air as darkness covered the sky it was now late evening.

TCRI was now a fireball lighting up the night sky, soon Casey sped around the corner he still had Leo in the party wagon who was still unconscious and Mikey was laid next to him as Donnie & Splinter hurriedly got into the van, Splinter was deeply disturbed and in a mute trance-like-state and Donnie was unnerved by it.

"I couldn't find my family, I think they've been Kraangitized" Casey whimpered, Donnie patted him on the shoulder to comfort him, 

"I'm sorry, but we'll avenge this & get justice, maybe find a way to turn them back I try everything I can think off I promise" Donnie said to Casey looking at his youngest and oldest brothers unconscious forms in the back as he checked on them it was a upsetting sight. April's dad was mutated (again), maybe Casey's and his own had been separated and maybe his beloved brothers mortally wounded, it was a devastating turn of events for every one of them, but Donnie knew he had to hold it together, his family needed him.

Donnie was trying to see if the brothers had a pulse, 

"Are they even breathing dude?" Casey uttered concerned as he drove, breaking the pained silence in the van.

"Leo is I'm not sure about Mikey.... 

(after a long Pause) 

I think he's gone into a state of hibernation so his breathing is being supressed" Donnie said after examining Mikey closely. 

"Is that good or bad?" Casey asked as he drove, 

"not sure, it could be worse, he could be... here we need to find April & Raph go towards where the shooting lasers are being fired ahead to the right, it has to be at them, no one else is resisting even the cops have fled" Donnie said not mentioning about the possible brain damage Sub Prime claimed he inflicted on Mikey for now. Though it hung over him like a threatening cloud filling his heart with dread which he kept pushing down.

"Hey the shooting is them trying to kill Karai she's there" Casey pointed out, a zoned out Master Splinter who had been away with the fairies since he got into the van, 

suddenly yelled out, 

"My daughter!"

He then dived out of the van without warning even as the van was still moving such was his haste after her but the shooting then was focused on him then them in the van as the Kraang droids now spotted them, as Splinter lurched forward and soon they lost sight of him in the chaos and Karai who was in her snake form as multiple Kraang droids were firing at them and Traag joining them spitting lava at them more concerningly. Smoke billowed everywhere from cars that were on fire owing to being hit with lasers & lava.

"move Casey.... Leo & Mikey can't afford anymore injuries get us out of here we can't get hit, they can't get hit... go go go!" Donnie squealed, as Casey hit the accelerator and they sped away. 

"What about Splinter? We can't just leave him" Casey questioned in desperation, 

"We have to, we'll be blown to bits in this rust bucket going any further in that direction & my brothers lives come first right now, we need to find Raph & April we'll come back for Splinter when we can, he's a survivor he'll hang in there, he'll be ok" Donnie soothed himself as he spoke without taking a breath, as he got his phone out to call Raph.