The Mikey Double Cross Part 10

Mikey had successfully sneaked out while his family were distracted April, Donnie and Leo were using Donnie's laptop following the Kraang's activities in one room, Raph and Casey doing likewise on the news via the TV in another, while Master Splinter was meditating in a third, both turtle groups assumed Mikey was with the other affording Mikey the opportunity to slip out. 

It turns out Mikey was pretty good at being stealthy when he wanted to be, at least now, but he always could be stealthy when he wanted to be to be fair it aided him well when pulling his many pranks on his family in the good times that seemed very much in the long distant past so much had happened in recent times.

Mikey made it across the city to TCRI the scene of those terrible procedures done on him, he shook with fury at the memory he wanted to destroy those ugly aliens and hoped by doing so any control they possibly had over him could be broken for good. 

He was able to get in, he knew the keypad code he couldn't explain how but it must be ingrained in his Kraang built in knowledge anyway he used it and once in, dived under a desk unseen to give himself a moment to plan what  he was going to do next.

                                                                ____________________________

Meanwhile, back in the turtles temporary home, Leo decided April and Donnie should keep working to monitoring the Kraang's activities and the rest of them should head out on a patrol and see if they could find themselves some inspiration to form a plan, 

what Donnie decided they needed was a portal to send the Kraang back to where they came from but to wreck all there gear first, breaking in TCRI should only be done when they were sure Donnie and April knew they could over ride the system but getting every Kraang through it was the problem as well as the terrible twosome of Kraang Prime & Kraang Sub Prime there were also so many Kraang troops in the hundreds of Hive mind individuals Leo wasn't sure they should attempt it until they had a way to take them out or force them through they would be overwhelmed by numbers right now as far as Leo was concerned and Raph and Casey just wanted to get on with it & bash the enemy so were getting frustrated at the lack of action while they worked out a winning strategy.

It was now they noticed Mikey was missing, they were discussing whether Mikey should stay with Donnie or go out with the group, they had noticed his stressed out nature as of late and were split on whether he was ready to face the Kraang yet or even if he should at all, 

April suggested a novel idea, "How about ask Mikey what he wants to do". 

Leo didn't generally consider that, he preferred to do Mikey's thinking for him but after everything that had already gone down he agreed he needed to speak to Mikey & get his input but noticed he was gone from the hideout!

"I thought he was with you in here" Leo said to Raph, 

"And I thought he was with you & Donnie" Raph replied, defensively, 

"Why do we keep messing up as far as Mikey is concerned?" Donnie questioned aloud, 

"I feel like he's been withdrawing from us since we got back to the city" Donnie added,

"You might of mentioned this Donnie!" Leo lightly chastised,

"it's why I've been so focussed on trying to find a way to deal with Kraang the sooner we do the sooner we can return to the lair, he needs normality again Leo, he is traumatized and not quite right. Surely you all noticed." Donnie clapped back, 

"guys perhaps finding him is more important than the blame game" April suggested, 

"Let's tell Sensei" Leo suggested to nodded agreement as he left the room to Master Splinter's small meditation spot,