Still one of us Part 11

As Casey, Splinter and the turtles gasped greedily for the fresh air that was seeping into the room through the open windows filtering out the toxic smog that The Kraang breathe but they cannot, April and Mikey locked eyes and went for a hug together, a new understanding was developing between them.

"I didn't know we could communicate this way Mikey? I wish you told me" April said, 

"I didn't really know until tonight April, being around The Kraang brings stuff out in me I didn't know was there" Michelangelo explained, 

April nodded in understanding, it took her a long time to understand her powers too, which she only truly understood as Kraang invaded her life in the same way they had Mikey's which wasn't all that long ago either. 

"What are you two even talking about... Red?" Casey asked, the turtles wanted to know that too, but Casey got the question in first.

"Mikey and I were able to talk to each other telepathically, he warned me we'd been spotted when we were outside of TCRI" April explained, 

"That's how I knew" she added.

As realization suddenly dawned on everyone.

"So you have Kraang powers same as April?" Raph jumped in, 

"I'm still figuring stuff out but I can scan, I can track mutants I tracked Sensei before... remember I lead us to him & I can understand the Kraang speak and other weird stuff I haven't quite figured out yet" Mikey told his family, 

"What other stuff Mikey?" Donnie asked, he worried as a brother but the scientist in him was curious to understand Mikey's genetic make up and new capabilities not having his proper lab he hadn't been able to run the tests on his brother he had wanted to.

"When the Kraang speak to me & I talk to them my brain comes out with words I wouldn't use, like a built in dictionary Y'know technical stuff like what you would say Dee but when I talk to you guys it's not there, I don't don't really understand it" Mikey admitted, 

Donnie however did, to a point at least, he tried explaining to Mikey,

"Well you're genetics are merged with Kraang we used their healing powers to help you after what they did to your brain remember & their technology is very computerised & tech drives everything they do including communicate so you're a bit Kraang-hybrid-like much like April so it makes sense to me Mikey, it's ok, will figure it out together" Donnie told his little brother taking him in his arms for a hug, Mikey was distressed by the questioning fearing they wouldn't view him in the same way anymore. 

"Why didn't you tell us when you tracked Sensei Mikey, why hide it from us" Leo asked, not meaning to be accusatory as it sounded but he did want to know why he didn't seem to trust them to tell them what he had experienced and was hurt by it. 

"I was scared" Mikey admitted, 

"Scared of what my son" Master Splinter asked, getting closer to Mikey with his arm over his son's shell offering comfort, as the questions continued to rain down realizing he needed to be a father in this moment more than a Sensei. 

Mikey answering Leo replied shakily "That I was more Kraang, than turtle, that if they commanded me to hurt you... I would... do it" Mikey sobbed and wiped his eyes, 

"That's why you came here alone" April suggested, 

Mikey nodded, Leo sighed, getting it now.

"My son, I have picked up your distress for a while and trying to determine the cause, I knew you were holding back something from us, you must never think you cannot come to us with your troubles" Master Splinter pulled Mikey in into a side hug caressing Mikey's shell to comfort him.