The Spiritual Plane Part 8

A/N This chapter largely follows the events of the episode 'Vision Quest' 

The turtles worried about whether their father and Sensei was still alive after all they had been holed up in the farm house now for months as they knew Kraang had taken over their city turning it into a Kraang utopia. 

April had confessed she couldn't get any connection to Splinter and nether could Leo when he had tried to meditate in the hope of doing the same. This distressed him.

Leo found meditation more difficult than it used to be, his ongoing leg pain and his anxieties over his brothers welfare, considering Raph had undergone a brain procedure, Mikey too & nearly died, both had been in a coma and were still fragile, Mikey especially. Donnie's nerves were shot to pieces, Leo felt he couldn't protect them like a big brother should, or a leader should and on top of it all he didn't know what his beloved father's fate was and Karai was still lost and in a mutated snake and didn't know if she had survived the invasion,.

April had again lost her father who was mutated for the second time and Casey's family were gone & feared mutated Leo's whole family was basically a mess of pain and angst. 

April cooked them breakfast, porridge with pizza on the side, an odd combination but not for mutant turtles apparently, hoping to lift the spirits. 

After breakfast Casey was taking Mikey and Raph out for a walk, Mikey had suffered serious muscle wastage given how long he was in a coma and was weak and Raph was sticking to Mikey like glue. 

Raph seemed to be totally fine from the procedure and it had given him his little brother back so he was happy but now very overprotective. Mikey was still wobbly but seemed well, Donnie was stunned Mikey had recovered so quickly and put it down to the mutagen's healing properties. 

Mikey ambled along eager to get out and enjoy the fresh air, ever the optimised he looked up at the sun, he wasn't used to seeing it as when back home they only came out in darkness and was more familiar with the seeing moon. The novelty hadn't worn off on him like the others, they had months here seeing this but Mikey was asleep for all that time until a week ago so it was still new to him. 

While they walked outdoors, Leo, April and Donnie were inside the farm house having a meeting. 

"I wish I could know how to fix myself, my leg is holding me back" Leo bemoaned, 

"I've done all I can, maybe you should take a leaf out of Mikey's book and build up your strength by using it more and exercising rather than hiding away in here obsessing over things we can't change" Donnie said going into to Dr Donnie lecture mode. 

"I'm trying to connect with Sensei" Leo replied defensively, 

"We've tried and tried, we can't reach him" April pointed out, 

"And what do you suggest? We give up? It's been months we need to do something!" Leo replied, 

"Well other than going back and taking on the Kraang, which we are no way ready for what do you suggest?" Donnie asked, 

"Lets go out and do some family conditioning training then tomorrow as you suggested, all of us" Leo decided, 

Donnie sighed, he didn't think any of them were really ready but the leader had spoken and that was that, for April though Leo was at least acting like the leader again and that was positive.

The Next Morning

Leo woke up determined but his leg wasn't co-operating like he wanted it too, still with his crutches he lead his brothers into the yard departing for the woods.