03 | for a good cause

CHAPTER THREE

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

a week could be enough for seoyoon to forget what happened,

but no.

she exits the room as their literature class finished and directs herself at the nearby library after completing her morning class schedule with her fellow friend and her literature partner for this week's project, sunoo.

"i got some history and novel catalogs that i got from home." he says, tailing seoyoon's direction towards outside the campus, "this might be helpful for an easy search."

she faces him and asks, "how much you've got?"

"enough for our sources."

they enter the building together with silence hovers in the air, unidentified people sitting separatedly onto each tables and some of them were sauntering across each aisles with specific books placed neatly on each shelves. sunoo gives half of the catalogs to seoyoon and agrees to part their ways to initiate a book search for their upcoming report project.

seoyoon enters the eleventh aisle, books and classified journals were evidently seen on each shelves, labelling themselves under poetries and proses. her hand travels along the spine of each books, eyes searching for a catchy title that would complement her work to sunoo whereas the latter was pretty far from her, coming ahead to the history sections.

eventually, she picks one and continues until she feels the weight collapsing in her one arm. although it's just three of them, the content was too thick for her to read, and the fact that she only needed few of them would make her regret for picking them up.

however, she sees an open journal across the poetry aisle, on a table with a pen. the spot was sunlit, the windows allow the sun's ray to pass inside the library. she take the books with her and approaches the empty table spot.

now seoyoon is actually peeking someone's work, and thinking whether it was a journal entry or just a bunch of random words scribbled on one side of the paper. she tilts her head on each side, making it sure that no one was watching, and proceeds to take a peek on an unfinished work with a familiar handwriting.

i'm not found yet,
but i caught one.
staring; unnoticed,
it's a —

" — what are you doing?"

seoyoon feels herself scramble at the voice behind her and accidentally drop the books directly on her feet. she knew what would her body responds to the sudden pain but then she feels a hand covering her mouth that about to escape a wild scream.

she screams, yet muffled by the hand of a boy in front of him. soft, chestnut hair lightly covers his strange eye shape, his lips remained closed and pursed, showing its shallow dimples as it being illuminated by the sun. once her voice dies down from the tension, he removes his hand and proceeds to pick up the fallen books on her feet.

"are you okay?" seoyoon recognize his familiar voice, a loud thump from her heartbeat that follows upon looking down at him and watch him picking up her books. she only hums, seconded by a nod.

the boy stands again after recovering her books and gives it to her. she takes it from him and sets aside. it was too much to hold, the sight of a boy in front of him with a couple of inches away from each other. seoyoon becomes observant at his facial structures. she's confident about the power of her mind, how she couldn't forget the person she only sought back then. her eyes glimmers at the sudden realization, expanding her vision twice than normal.