14 | twenty centimeters

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

two parts. | long chapter.
word count : 2k+

suggesting to play
20 cm by txt in the
middle of this chapter.
(lyrics based on english)

"oppa, i'm going out. i'll be back home soon."

it was all prepared, from her permission to her preferred outfit. she's dressed up in cream turtleneck and brown cardigan on top. she only used dark jeans instead of a pencil skirt and proceeded wearing low boots. seoyoon looks at the ticking clock hanging on the wall, hands calculating the time of 6:15 in the night. her boots alternately clicking on the wooden floor as she gets out of their house.

the night was honestly cold as she strolls herself through the downtown alone, her hands digging to each pockets of her skinny jeans. the thought of meeting taehyun performing with his band members for the first time in a local setting excites her. she had never seen them sing a piece of their songs in front of her although her boyfriend mentioned it a lot already. she was not fond of looking into the music entertainment industries but because of taehyun,  she had — as well as to support him in his way.

seoyoon looks up at the illuminated signboard flashing neon letters that was supposed to be her destination. she walks slowly as she gets there and peers the interior building. from the left, she sees a poster hanging over the wall, words that spelled open mic night : tomorrow by together in a catchy font. the poster leaves her in a beaming expression and eventually goes in when the bodyguard allows her to enter.

the rendezvous is located in an underground bar; her figure jogging down on the concreted staircases until she reaches the retractable metal door. the ambience defines as quite dark and seemingly nostalgic as she gets in, inhaling them smell of alcohol and cigarettes fusing altogether across the humid air. seoyoon quickens her pace as she hears the drums beating in rhythm with the bass.

the staffs were already doing soundchecks, testing the microphones and plucking the guitars in hope it would work properly during the performance. the girl makes her way in against the crowds on the doorway, reading the dark room only being enlighted with few colored lights. there were costumers already sitting each tables, from couches to single tables. she is perhaps struggling to where she sits (tiptoeing to do head counts against the tables) until she is being approached by the waitress.

"hello there, are you lee seoyoon?" the waitress asks her and receives a nod from the latter, "please follow me for your seat reservation."

oh, i didn't expect that, she wonders, taehyun must've given me a reservation.

the woman in turtleneck tails the waitress' direction and allows herself to sit on a chair of a single table. her seat was luckily located in front for a full-view access of tomorrow by together's night performance. seoyoon couldn't get any better than this. she thanks the waitress as she exits her way.

"alright!" her hearing perks at the person in casual outfit walking on the small stage, "what a great night to have you all here!  we are now witnessing our first ever open mic night with our special guest performers of the month that you've been waiting for, tomorrow by together performing their self-produced single, twenty centimeters. around of applause everyone!"

seoyoon softly leans on the brass chair as the initial instrumental being played on the huge speakers displayed on each corner, watching the emcee surrendering the empty stage with instruments. her heart's pulse harmonize with each beats from the sound and only intensifies when she hears the voice blending along the music, her eyes following the five people making its way onto the stage and there she met the love of his life performing for the first time.