09 | given - taken

CHAPTER NINE

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

time flies a little too fast — when seoyoon had submerged herself from reminiscing as she lays supine on a beanbag that one of sunoo's friend gave her last christmas. it is weekend today, perhaps, her mind dwells from former moments rather than living in present.

however, she feels emotionally mixed, unable to resonate with the weather's vividness exhibiting across her bay window. she gazes at it almost wide-eyed, while she grasps a cup of hot espresso that heeseung made for her. there's no such words could describe the fluctuating emotions she's experiencing, like a matter of internal chaos stirring up her mind.

she was still upset at the situation that occured a week ago, when taehyun and herself agreed to meet up together after not seeing each other for a few months but at the peak hour of their agreement, one did not showed up, and that's him. seoyoon had to wait two hours on the bus stop besides the lamppost, foolishly staring at the withered leaves falling unevenly while discreetly hoping that he would appear this time after cancelling it thrice much to her dismay.

what's even more interesting, she begins to think quite deeper at his actions. she respects personal space above all, of course — a reason why she'd often let it slide those some of the rejected calls and cancelled dates due to his upcoming gigs on local restaurants and bars as a vocalist in their band. taehyun is a member of a decent boy band from their school and decided to level it up by making it a career regardless of age and trendsetting norms. being in a relationship with a musician had been also quite complicated than the rest she encountered with boys.

seoyoon is serious about their relationship, she likes how to balance everything what they have for each other. she knows that they exerted an adequate amount of effort together to establish a healthy relationship. also, she had no problems regarding taehyun's masked attitude towards her, she was being treated well and at the same time, he's providing her what she both needed and wanted.

speaking of taehyun, his name appears on her lockscreen in a flash, the sound of a ringtone resonates evenly across the sunlit room. she looks behind from the beanbag and places the cup at the top of the nightstand to reach her phone over and slides her finger to answer the call.

"seonnie..."

taehyun calls her name first, a hint of sadness overlaps in his voice. he feels guilty of what he had done recently. he knows that seoyoon misses him a lot than he realizes. he had been cancelling their schedules frequently these weeks and the amount of longing and frustration at the same time had also pinning them down.

"yes?" she says, hitching her slowed breathing upon hearing his voice for the first time in weeks. she couldn't stay mad for too long or else she would even push him away further. seoyoon only needed spare time with him — against the heavy schedules they have. and now, she's feeling a speck of unidentified emotion residing in her heart.

the girl sighs lowly as taehyun takes turn in response, "i know that you're still mad at me, but i promise this time, we're going to see each other." he attempts to subside her frustration in a matter like these. he could've known that by saying all of these would actually convince her to let it all pass. besides, she wanted to see him despite being upset.

"when?" she asks, forcing herself not to evince her true emotion. the girl couldn't help herself to breathe deeply as the conversation goes.

"come and meet me later at two pm at the bus stop. i promise i'll be there and be on time, so do you."

the conversation ended in a flash; phone was tossed across the mattress after she ends the call. it didn't break, but unevenly lands on the mere corner of her jasmine-scented duvet. seoyoon continues sipping her lukewarm espresso as she gazes blankly from the window pane.