10 | a reason

CHAPTER TEN

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"ya — i bet you went out with tyunnie last weekend."

sunoo is quite hella observant as seoyoon thought. there is no way she could get out with pretty white lies thriving under her tongue. he's more than a human surveillance camera or a guesser.

by that, she smiles candidly, tilting her head down as a sudden flash of recent memories last weekeend occurs. to admit it, it was delightsome. it's a new reel of memory to be kept, a mental album exclusively with taehyun — that are worth remembering. it's basically a simple date between them, plus receiving a special gift from him. well, who knows how promising it would be?

blaming sunoo for not letting seoyoon eat the jjangmyeon further is an understatement; just watching her in cringeworthy manner is the least expression that can define in his visage. they went out together somewhere far from the brewed honey, a place they haven't tried yet, but worth visiting.

"see that weird face of yours over the dish? i can tell you did." he says in disbelief, digging the fork on a pasta to shove it directly in his mouth and puff a light chuckle, "did anything happen?"

"nothing much." she says, a round bolus comes across her throat as it goes down after replying, "just a couple of apologies and went to random talks about his band and tight schedules from this month until next."

"tomorrow by together is back for an
open mic night this wednesday at six
night. wanna come?"

just when she mentions about her boyfriend's arising career, an audible gossips were heard across the luncheonette area. the two students subtly wander their eyes on a couple of students from other university, with the same uniform as taehyun and his friends wear. sunoo hushes the latter in silence as he eagerly perceives the students blabber about taehyun's band — tomorrow by together.

"pretty boys they are — i'd like to say that
one of their vocalists wants to date me."

"you sure about that? with that face?"

"they're having a surprise collab with someone."

"with who?"

"i don't know."

"from where?"

"maybe from ours or not. i don't know it yet."

"sunoo — what the heck are you doing?"

when seoyoon snaps him from eavesdropping, he shakes his head in defeat and rolls his eyes directly at her, sending her a hint that she disrupts him intentionally. unfortunately, the feminine huddle disappears from the counter and heads on the corner farther from them.

"look what did you do!" he whines, pouting like a toddler who's in the verge of throwing tantrums. however, seoyoon shifts her expression in disbelief, pursing her lips in disapproval.

"stop saying nonsense. you know it's bad when you're eavesdropping out of nowhere — now tell me what did you hear."

now it's sunoo's turn to look amused at her, arms folding in disbelief. the latter laughs in repeat, with her other hand gesturing to lean and spill the details he heard.