19 | fish and chips

CHAPTER NINETEEN

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"let's just leave."

although jungwon did not process the incident that happened just few seconds ago, he escorts the fuming latter out of the building, leaving the books except the knapsack he brought alongside with him. seoyoon was stomping herself away from the scene, her mind aimlessly leads them to the park where a metal bench was seen under the oak tree. they ended up sitting together.

the girl was experiencing frustration towards haeri and in just a few minutes, she was panting out of antipathy and disrespect; the audacity to barge in and speak irritating statements about her relationship. she doesn't understand what on earth did just happen — to come in face with a person she only met once, twice for now — with the impressions that didn't consider as good. the name chan haeri seemingly a toxic word for her already, exposing the qualities as an antagonist. the way she easily pulled jungwon into their growing mess infuriates seoyoon more. haeri had no place to ignite a new misunderstanding between them, but when she did — it's just the beginning.

jungwon haven't known about seoyoon's relationship with taehyun.

and if he finds out, what else could happen?

"seoyoon-ah." jungwon called. seoyoon turns her gaze away from the ground and reluctantly face him, her face blooming in red tint in a negative way possible. he understood her expression, then he smiled. with that, her reaction softens and eventually sighs, "are you okay? did the girl said something harsh to you?"

she shakes her head to avoid the prickling sensation on her eyes, "i'm fine — it was nothing."

it might be nothing but it seemed like a big deal. haeri's words kept resonating in her mind freely without telling it. jungwon can tell just by looking in her masked stare. she was mad — yet he finds it strange either. however, he did not know what to do initially, so he tries to find an alternative to soothe her for the meantime.

"i think you are angry, lee seoyoon." he says directly. the girl's figure tenses as she hears it, "i'll give you time to vent. i'll be back for five minutes."

"wha — where are you going?"

before she could vocalize it, jungwon stands up and strolls away from her without a word. his sudden withdrawal gained a slight pressure on her chest, not knowing the certain reason why. seoyoon felt like she was abandoned by him for a while with this kind of situation — angry and frustrated, but he chose to go.

oh, i thought you're going to stay.

ah, the familiar feeling resurfaces on another time. is that what he usually do? she honestly thought that he would address it, but no. why did it feel heavy anyway? although they have currently a shallow connection.

her sadness grows — and for the moment, she was alone in the bench. the anger once turned her earnestly bitter, her lips leaving an audible scoff as she realizes that jungwon was nowhere to be found.

she vents herself within few minutes as what he said to her. seoyoon lets her mind recollect her thoughts to disclose today's encounter with haeri, encouraging herself not to make a fuss about it anymore, and for jungwon who left her — forget about it, she internally says, he does that most of the time anyway.

"sorry for leaving you behind. here, have some brownies and a milkshake."

the girl looks up without hesitation, her eyes meeting gaze with a figure holding a small bag and a cup of beverage. she sees jungwon handing over the food with an earnest smile.