05 | a pen and a paper

CHAPTER FIVE

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

saturday, midday; the weather's condition is good, zero gray clouds were reported hypothetically, the city's movement still hasn't changed, fluctuating population comes across the heavenly park to escape themselves and a lot of occurences that are most likely to become more irrelevant to describe.

the rays of the scorching sun attempts to pass on the thin shade of the gazebo's rooftops. today's temperature was almost similar to the average temperature they record every week from the town, lesser than the usual description of sahara desert with its scalding heat. it does feel like summer when it's actually approaching the fall season. unknown people were lingering on each sides of the gazebo's rails, admiring the simplest view of the town's local park.

jungwon takes a sip of his cold beverage between his work after finishing an eight-line subjected poem for a random student who stopped by and asked to make her a small poem about what he had obeserved about her. it wasn't a hard task for him to challenge his physiogamy, he tapped the letters from the keytop according to what he perceived about her and extended his arm to hand his opinion out creatively. it's free, and he writes from the truth.

at the end of his afternoon hours, he decides to the library and leaves his suitcase with his typewriter inside to a middle-aged librarian, preceeding to go further inside. he wanders across the maze-like view of aisles filled with historic and present books organized neatly according to its condition and popularity. none of the bestselling novels and encyclopedias would do to avert his way onto william shakespeare's eloquent but lovesick-ening literature.

the boy in striped, long-sleeved polo makes his way onto the aisle of english literature and begins to stroll leisurely. he was searching for his unfinished pick last two days ago, wondering whether the book was borrowed or lost. so far, it's his favourite pick amongst all the literatures that he had read.

he takes one and continues to pass by until he almost reach the corner of the aisle, knowing that there's a table spot he used to sit in, with a good, refreshing ambience of mystique nature that can be seen from the gigantic, palladian window that faces south where the broad park was seen half a mile away, but then he ceases midway, halting his footsteps as he sees a familiar teenager wearing a daisy patterned dress, legs crossed and its body language defines irritation over a paper in the table. he steps once and looks closely, leaving a wide-eyed reaction upon meeting seoyoon on his table.

his feet moves unconsciously, dragging half of his body towards her without halting. he stands adjacent from her, just waiting to be noticed after throwing her head back from frustration.

seoyoon freezes, seemingly petrified at jungwon's sudden presence that had just appeared in front of her.  it's just her heart went ballistic at the sight of him, unable to define the overwhelming feeling that resurfaces yet at the same time, seeing him makes it more breathtaking, the aura that defines a young deity.

"hi." jungwon greets, lifting his right arm almost awkwardly. he expects another series of her silent treatment that he deserves for disappearing; walking away as his afterthought.

she currently experiencing fluctuating emotional response, whether to tolerate her bleakness herself, or
just talk to him, no other things beyond involved. she knew she had enough of these torturing treatments she does, only to torment both of them. he didn't deserve these, she notes, but how long can he comprehend how i feel?

it's only the beginning, just as the history being rewritten but still unsure where it leads to. they're from the first page, writing all these encounters, and now the mysterious four-line poem that she saw makes sense at all.