Chapter 3: Club Fair & Everyday World

(Hachiman POV)

We're now at the Gymnasium, where many first-year students and especially upperclassmen appears to have arrived, as the group just kept walking and having casual talks (except for me, who has been quiet and just listens). We were approached by a member of the school's staff, whom have handed us pamphlets regarding the school's clubs. After reading it, I'm not planning to join any clubs, as it will minimize my time. But I might just go to the Music Club, as I miss playing my guitar and piano at the mansion.

"I appreciate your time, first-year students. The club fair will soon begin. Each club's role will be explained by a representative. My name is Tachibana, I'm the secretary of the student council and the organizer of the club fair. It's nice to meet you all."

After Tachibana's opening remarks, representatives from each club quickly lined up on a stage. It was a diverse group of people.

As I was not paying attention to the groups' minor chitchats, I quietly listened to the representatives' speeches and explanations on club introductions. I notice all of the first-year student classes, beginning on the left with A Class and ending with D Class. I remember that this school is judged not only by our worth, but probably the behaviors of the other classes. I don't believe the school made any errors in our evaluations, but that's probably just my opinion.

I imagine that these clubs are a way for the school to attract new students. As funding for each club are determined by their upbringing and worth in terms of gaining credibility and the school's honor, but it is not my way to criticize evaluation. I am just analyzing this event.

As the upperclassmen finished their introductions, they exited the stage and made their way to an area with some plain tables set up. It's most likely a reception area for new members. Everyone eventually left, leaving only one person behind. Everyone's attention was drawn to him, and I realized I'd seen Horikita in Class D fidgeting and staring at that specific person the entire time.

And then there was one on stage, Everyone saw him appeared to be of average height, as he wasn't particularly tall. He had slender features and sleek black hair. He wore sharp glasses and had a calculating, piercing gaze. He stood calmly in front of the microphone, looking around at the first-year students. What was his club's name, and what was he going to say? My curiosity had been piqued.

But my expectations of him were immediately lowered. He didn't say anything, just stood there on the podium, maybe he has stage fright but I don't see any change in his stance, or is he deaf?

Many of of first-year students began to mock the person on the podium. I'm curious how he reacted to the mockery he received. But looking at him once again his just standing there calmly not even fazing or trembling by the comments and laughs. When the laughter had finally died down. He wore an apathetic expression with an intimidating aura.

The gymnasium was buzzing with conversation, but the person on stage remained motionless. He just stood there, expressionless and silent, staring at the crowd. It was as if there had been some kind of reaction. The entire gymnasium was gripped by an unbelievably tense, quiet mood. Despite the fact that no orders had been issued, the silence was so deafening that it appeared to have paralyzed everyone (well not for me , I am simply amused)

No student appeared to be able to open his or her mouth. The once rowdy atmosphere gradually shifted to one of calmness, and events took an unexpected turn. For about thirty seconds, there was silence. The student then began his speech, scanning the audience slowly.

 The student then began his speech, scanning the audience slowly