[11]

Third Person

Lisa wasn't able to find a date. Or better yet-- she chose not to. Aside from the fact that it exasperatingly frazzle her, she wouldn't expose herself that much to strangers. She believes it was better that way.

She couldn't invite Rosé too, for she knew Jisoo would have her as her date. It's like a silent agreement between the two of them-- although they're not that close.

Irene was a different ball game though. Lisa actually felt disappointed, but the unexpected flirtatious gazes and other heart-warming acts from her, it wasn't that bad after all.

In the last minute, Lisa kind of lost hope to have a date for the Grand Ball, so she's doing it solo.

She doesn't regret it though. I mean, how can she have a date if she doesn't pursue one? Well, the blonde didn't care about dates. She was sure it would be a headache having one. In addition, she could escape the routine of meeting through their date's home and meet their parents. She believes it wasn't necessary.

'Bichi naneun sollo.'

That's what she always sings from her favorite talented solo artist, Ruby Jane. It fits her very well this time. Or, it could be all the time.

The Grand Ball is held in a five star high-end hotel in Gwanghwamun Plaza, in the very heart of Seoul. It is the capital's largest and most prestigious luxury hotel.

The dress code was black and white, and Lisa had a hard time finding the right suit, but she found one that best suits her. She rarely wears this type of clothes, but her parents forced her to it, so she gave it a try. And when she looked at the mirror, she sighed in relief. It was so good to her, she could say. Her parents always knew what's good for her, in all most everything.

Checking one last time in her full-body mirror, she took her necessary things, and then checked the time strapped on her wrist. Which made her gasps.

"Fuck! I'm running late!"

Without further ado, she rushed down to the stairs and shouted to her parents goodbye.

~~

"You look fancy tonight!" Nayeon greeted Jennie Kim when she was done walking on the red carpeted floor, and done pretending to not be appeared irritated while giving smiles to the flashing lights of cameras from the present paparazzi.

Every student who enters the vicinity would be first scrutinized by these flickering and blinding lights. It's a good thing for many students as well as the Queen, but she was totally affected of how a certain blonde ignored her the other day.

"I'm always beautiful, Bunny. Not just tonight." she stated matter-of-factly, and Nayeon just chuckled a bit.

"Nayeon is right, babe. You look dazzling. As always." Taehyung complimented the brunette, which for some odd reason, it aggravated the irritation in her. If it would be fitting to come to the event solo, Jennie wouldn't mind. Having Taehyung beside her is something she do not want, but left no choice but to do it. It wasn't like that from the past, but since Jennie stumbled to that particular blonde, it shifted in a blink of an eye.

The Queen didn't answered her boyfriend and proceeded checking everything to perfection. Knowing her, she wants everything to be perfect tonight. Just like she always wants it to be. Just like who she is-- perfect.