Chapter 18

Amelia's POV

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Nicolo slapped me. His slap was so strong that my lips cracked and bled. He slapped me because I told him that Andrea looked for his gun in his room that day.

"I'm sorry" I knelt in front of him and cried. I cried not only because of the pain of his slap but because I realized that I had done something wrong.

"Don't say sorry now. If you had told me earlier, I would not have allowed Andrea to do such a thing" His violence, which was as strong as a storm, hurt me deeply.

"Please, pardon me" I looked at him in fear. He gave me a burning look and walked away. No one tried to stop Nicolo because it was dangerous. But I saw that Aurora followed him. Nicolo went to his room and tried to control his anger.

"Nico, may I come in?" asked Aurora, who was sitting near the door.

"Okay" Nicolo as said as he chewed his chain.

"Listen, what you did was not good enough" She placed her delicate hand on Nicolo's hand.

"She made a mistake. That is not a small one" He looked at her.

"Yes, she could be wrong but it is wrong to slap a young girl like her. You know that you are the only one in her world. Then she will be not able to bear it when you treat her like this. She's so lonely and I don't understand how she can cope with the loss of her parents at such a young age. You are a boy so you can make your own life and live it but she can't. You have lived in great loneliness for so long and she must have felt that way too. I have seen her try to be close to you but you are not trying to be open for her. She has a beautiful smile and there can be a lot of tears behind such a smile. As I understood, she's just like you. You have to stand up for her. A sister always wants protection from his brother, in fact, from the only person she has. Love her as you love me, or your love for me will be meaningless. Even your mom and dad may have given up their last breath without fear that you would take good care of her. Actually, you take good care of her but let her feel that you are there for her because girls expect it. Remember that she's yours" The loving look on Aurora's face touched his heart. Without saying a word, he left the room.

"Amelia, please open the door" I lay in the bed as I cried. I heard Nicolo's voice.

"I want to talk to you" He knocked on the door. I was afraid to open the door.

"Girl, please open the door" That was Aurora. I opened the door for her because I trusted her. She came over to me and sat down.

"Alright, now don't cry. Nicolo told that he wants to talk with you for a while. I promise, he won't hurt you" she grabbed my hand and rubbed my hair.

"Okay, but you stay here" I begged her. She nodded at me. Nicolo came to the room and I saw that he had cooled down. He looked at Aurora as if asking permission and sat down next to me.

"I'm sorry for what I did to you. I promise I will never do anything like that again" Nicolo looked at me for a moment and hugged me. Of course, I had forgotten his comfort. In fact, girls love their brothers more than their lovers.

"I'm sorry too" I cuddled into him.

"Alright," He rubbed my hair and smiled with me.

"This brother and sister are just as stubborn," Aurora said as she laughed.

"Let's go downstairs. Or I'll take you downstairs the same way I took Aurora that day" Nicolo looked at Aurora playfully.

"I have no desire to go that way" I left the room and went downstairs. Nicolo and Aurora also followed me.