2. Karaoke

(present time)
We were eating dinner, when Tony entered the room. I hadn't seen him all day. He probably spent the day in his lab trying to build something new. He sat down and sighed. „Guys, my head is going to explode if we don't do something funny tonight."

We all looked at him amused.
„What about karaoke?" Wanda proposed.
Everyone except for Bucky was excited.
„But I can't sing." Bucky grumbled and crossed his arms.
„Nobody can, James." I said.
„Yeah, don't be a spoilsport." Nat said.
„Okay, fine. But don't call me James." He looked at me angrily but the corners of his mouth twitched upwards.
„Sorry, James... I mean Bucky."

I already lived with the Avengers for about a year. It was great and I had really found a family in them.
I hadn't told them about my past or my real last name. I also hadn't told them that I'm a lesbian. I didn't know how they would react. I just didn't want to break this new family apart.

After dinner, we all sat on the couches in the living room.
Peter, very excited, was bouncing on the couch.
„Isn't it bedtime for you?" I asked jokingly.

„Haha. You're so funny, Y/n. And by the way, my bedtime is at half past ten, it's only eight yet and it's weekend."

„Okay, who wants to start?" Thor asked.
Nobody came forward.
„You're all wimps." Peter said and took a microphone. He put in a song and the songtext appeared on the wall.
Peter started singing: „You're insecure, don't know what for. You're turning heads when you walk through the do-o-or."

He was doing a funny dance and we were all vibing with him. We started to hum to the song and in the end, we were all shouting the song as loud as we could. Me and Wanda clapped happily, when Peter bowed a few times.

„I go next, but I don't want to sing alone." Wanda said.
„I sing with you." Natasha said, before I could say anything.

They put on the song Sweater Weather and were laughing through the whole performance. They started acting the song out and when they sang: „Touch my neck and I'll touch yours.", they grabbed each other's neck.
Even though, I knew they were just doing it as a joke, I felt something stinging in my belly.
Jealousy.
Why the fuck am I jealous?

My thoughts got interrupted. Wanda pulled me up and gave me her microphone.
„Sing with Nat, I have a headache." She said.

Natasha pulled me to her. While we were singing the song, we stared in each other's eyes.
Nat grabbed my hips and pulled me closer. I immediately blushed and looked down to hide it.

I forgot the songtext and I also forgot that I could just read the text from the wall.

Fuck.

„The text is on the wall." Natasha whispered in my ear. But this didn't help at all. Her lips brushing against my ear, made me blush even harder.

„Fuck"

Everyone started laughing.
Did I just say this out loud?

I-I need to go to the bathroom." I stuttered and ran out of the living room. I went straight to the elevator and then in my room.
I let myself fall on the bed with a sigh.

What was that?
I mean, it's not that I like Natasha in that way. She's just a friend. Right?
But why did I blush and why did I become nervous? This doesn't make any sense.
She's just a friend.

I heard a knocking on the door.
„Can I come in?" Peter shouted from the other side of the door.

At first I wanted to send him away, but he asked so nicely and he was like a little brother for me. „Okay."
Peter came in, closed the door behind him and sat next to me on the bed.

„Are you okay?" He asked.

„Yes, of course." I said a little too fast.
„Y/n, you know that you can trust me, right? I know I'm seven years younger than you and I know you all see me as a child. That doesn't mean, that I don't see and understand things."

I didn't say anything.
When did he grow up?

„I am a lesbian." I said out of the blue.
Shit. Why did I say this. I didn't want to tell anyone about this. They will all hate me. Fuck.

„That's great, Y/n. I already thought you were, but I'm happy that you told me this."
That wasn't the reaction, I had expected.
Wait... He already thought I were a lesbian?! Why?

„You know, that we are your family. The others would support you too. And you're not the only one."

„No, please don't tell the others."

„Of course not. Do it when you're ready."
A few minutes, we both didn't say anything.

„What did you mean with I am not the only one." I asked.

„Oh, ehm... „ He took a deep breath. „I am not straight either. I like girls, but I also like boys... I've never told anyone about this."

This is so cute. „I'm so proud of you, Peter."
I gave him a hug and he hugged me back.

After some time, he stood up and said that he wants to go back to the others.
„I'm gonna stay here for a bit. I need some time to think."

„To think about Nat?" He asked smirking.
„What?! No! We're just friends."
„Sure. I believe you." Peter said chuckling and left my room.