4. Group training

I stayed in my room the whole morning and finished reading Red, White and Royal Blue.

I got out of my room, when J.A.R.V.I.S. said that Wanda had made lunch.
Everyone was already sitting around the table, when I came.

„Good Morning, Sunshine. Did you really sleep that long?" Thor said.
„No, she didn't. She couldn't fall asleep last night and went for a run. She ran too long and fell asleep in the training center. I found her at six in the morning sleeping on the floor. She got cramps in her legs and I needed to carry her upstairs, so she could have a bath." Nat said while smirking at me.

Everyone started chuckling.
„This can only happen to you, Y/n."  Wanda said.
„Why couldn't you fall alseep?" Tony asked.
„Not again." I murmurred.
„I also asked her that. She didn't want to tell me." Nat said and she sounded a little angry indeed.
„No, it's not that I didn't want to tell you. It's just not important." I said.

„Don't lie to me." Nat said.
„I- I am not lying."
„You are. You're ears always become hot and red when you're lying."
„What?! No, they don't." I touched my ears. They were really hot.
Fuck

Wanda saved me: „Okay, girls. Calm down. I'm hungry."
Does she know something? Did she read my mind? Is she reading my mind right now?
I looked at her. She gave me a quick nod and started eating.

Seriously, Wands?

She was just chewing her chicken and started smirking.
Stop reading my mind.

„Sorry." Wanda mumbled.

„What was that about?" Natasha asked.
„Uhm..." I didn't know what to say.
„I kicked her accidentally." Wanda said quickly.

Thanks Wanda.

After lunch it was time for the weekly group training.
All the Avengers gathered in the training room. Today Wanda was the coach. It changed every week.

„We start with some boxing in pairs. One person of the pair is holding the punching pads and the other one is punching with boxing gloves. Okay, pairs. Let me think... Tony and Bruce. Clint and Steve. Sam and Bucky. Thor and Peter. And Nat and Y/n. I'm gonna watch."

I grabbed some boxing pads and Nat some gloves.
Wanda blew into a whistle. The round had started.

Natasha started punching. She seemed angry.
„What's going on?" I asked.

„Nothing is going on." Nat said, punching even harder.
„Nat, talk to me."
Natasha rolled her eyes, still punching with her whole strength.

„You don't tell me things either." Natasha said under her breath.
Oh...You're angry, because I didn't tell you what I was thinking about, right?"

When Natasha didn't react, I talked further on: „Nat. Everyone has some secrets. I'm sure you have a few too. You don't know everything about me and I surely don't know everything about you. Just because I didn't tell you something, doesn't mean, that I like you less. Natasha Romanoff, you're my best friend. I love you... ehm... In a friend way- of course."

Nat stopped punching and looked me in the eyes. „You still like me? I just felt like you didn't want to tell me this, because you don't want to be my friend anymore."

I actually don't want to be your friend. I want to kiss your lips. I want to be your girlfriend.
What. No I don't. Stop.

„Why shouldn't I want to be your friend anymore? You're one of the greatest people I've ever met."
„Oh, that's cute, Y/n. I love you too... in a friend way." Nat said and hugged me tight.

My breathing became faster. Her breasts were pressing against mine. I could feel her heartbeat. It was beating really fast.
Why is it beating so fast? ...Oh, yeah. She was just punching hard. Why shouldn't it.

When we finally broke away from each other, the others were all watching us. Peter gave me a discreet thumbs up. I rolled my eyes, but smiled at him.
„Girls, we are training. You had the whole day to hug each other. There's no need to do this here." Wanda said, but she was smirking.

She knows...

Now it was my turn to punch Nat's punching pads. Nat was smiling at me the whole time. I blushed under her smile, but I knew it wasn't noticeable, because I was already red as a tomato, because I was throwing punches.
When the five minutes of punching were over, I was sweating like a pig. (Funfact: pigs actually can't sweat)

„Well done, Y/n." Nat said and held up her hand.
I gave her a high five and she grabbed my hand for a few seconds, before she let it go.

„Let's do some fighting in the ring." Wanda said. „We stay in our pairs."

Peter looked at me scared. I patted his shoulder.
„He won't kill you. He doesn't have his hammer." I said with a glance at Thor.

I watched the others fight. It didn't look even too bad.
An then it was Peter's an Thor's turn.

Peter looked at me again. I held my thumbs up and he nodded.
Thor threw his first punch and Peter dodged it easily. Although Thor looked stronger, Peter was just as strong and he was fast. Really fast. He was jumping around in the ring. Thor was not able to land a single punch. But Peter didn't manage to punch Thor either.
„Guys, it's getting boring!" Steve shouted.
Distracted by Steve, Peter wasn't concentrated for a second and got punched by Thor in his chest. He flew over the nets of the ring and landed on the ground.

We all ran to him to see if he was okay.
„Are you okay, little-earthling?" Thor asked.

„That wasn't fair, man." Peter groaned, looking at Steve.
„Sorry, Parker."
„Never let something distract you. But you were great." Wanda said.
„Yes, you were great, little man." Thor said and pulled Peter up.

„Now, it's Nat's and Y/n's turn." Peter said excited.
I rolled my eyes. That kid is incredible...

Nat and I stepped in the ring.
She attacked me quickly. I tried to dodge her but I failed miserably. With full speed we crashed on the floor, she on top of me. But I didn't want to give up so quickly. I managed to change our position and we rolled around a few times. In the end, Natasha had pinned my wrists on the ground and her whole body, was lying on top of my mine.

Our faces were only a few centimetres apart. We were both breathing heavily. My gaze wandered over her perfect face. Her cheeks were red and her lips were slightly parted. When my eyes met hers an explosion from somewhere inside of me went off. Feelings of happiness wandered through my entire body.

We were looking in each other's eyes, nobody willing to break the stare. Suddenly her face came a little closer. I could feel her breathing on my skin.

Suddenly somebody cleared their throat and Natasha and me jerked apart.
What the fuck did just happen?