Chapter 10: Visiting Day

I walk around the arena, following the blows each initiate sends. Uriah has an alright hook, but he's fast. which he definitely uses to his advantage. The boy he's up agaisnt, Wyatt, is all muscle. He's a tough opponet, and I'm really not sure who's going to win this round.

"C'mon, Uriah!" Marlene shouts. "Kick his ass!"

"Shut the fuck up. You're distracting them." River, one of the other Dauntless Borns, rolls her eyes.

Marlene glares at her. "Prepare to wipe your boyfriends tears, cause he's going to lose."

"If you're not going to shut your mouth, I'm going to shut it for you!"

The two of them, who were on opposite sides of the mat before, are now making their way towards each other. River has her fists ready at her sides, and Marlene is just about to launch herself at her before I quickly intervine. 

"Enough!" I shout. "If the two of you don't stop, I will happily knock some sense into you. Now shut up and return to your corners."

My back is to the arena, so I'm surprised to hear the unexpected sound of a body hitting the mat. I turn around and see Uriah standing over an unconscious Wyatt, trying to catch his breath. He wipes some blood off the side of his mouth, then holds his arms up high in victory.

Everyone claps and cheers, but all I can hear is Marlene. She shrieks and starts rubbing it in Rivers face, who's too busy trying to wake her boyfriend up. I try not to laugh as I make my way over to the chalk board and circle Uriah's name. My eyes scan the list of remaining fights and I decide that since there's not many left, Lauren can handle the rest.

"Great job, Uriah." I congratulate him as I rejoin the group. "Somebody get Wyatt up and bring him to the infirmary."

"Who ever's next, set up on the mat." Lauren comands, and the group scrambles to get ready.

I stand beside her and watch the choas, then turn to her. "You think you can handle the rest on your own?"

"Yeah, sure. Where are you off to?"

"I'm going to watch Charlie fight. Apparently, she's not doing so well. I want to see where her weak spots are."

She claps me on the back. "Alright, boss. Everything's under control."

"Make sure River and Marlene stay away from each other." I advise, laughing a bit. She nods and turns her attention back to the group, reinstating the rules of the next fight.

I exit the Dauntless Born training room and head towards the transfer's. It's not far, just an easy walk through a few damp hallways. When I enter, I don't see anyone at first. As I walk in further, I notice every one is crowded around the arena. 

I spot Eric and idle up to him quietly. He's too busy watching the current fight to notice me, so I run my hand up his back to let him know that I'm here. His posture immediately stiffens and he shoots a look over his shoulder. He relaxes instantly when he realizes that it's me.

"You're right on time." He says, crossing his arms tightly over his chest. "She's up next. This fight is about to finish."

I spot Four on the other side of the arena and give him a wave. He nods in response, too busy watching the match playing out before us to lift a hand and return the favor. Eric notices our exchange and rolls his eyes.

"Don't be rude." I warn, smacking him on the arm.

The current fight is Molly and Tris, and Eric's right, it's pretty much over. Molly throws the stiff to the ground, knocking the wind out of her. She's too hurt to get up, so Molly ends the match by throwing one last fist at her face.