Chapter 2

I feel drowsy and light headed, I slowly open my eyes. I try to push through my blurry surroundings. I start to focus on something, but I can barely lift my head up. I stare up at the ceiling feeling incapable of movements.

I start to hear muffled noises. They soon turn into words, "...Is she going to be up soon?"

"She should be any day now. She got a bullet to the chest, I'm surprised you were able to bring her here alive. I'm proud of myself for actually succeeding in the surgery."

"Jesus, you're acting like it was your first bullet wound."

"It was my first that was close to the heart that I managed to successfully complete. So you're welcome." I hear a door shut.

-

I hear a sigh and then someone walks over to me. My eyes start to focus a bit more. I can see the white ceiling, two bags, one dripping a clear liquid, the other something red. Blood?

The person comes into my view and I see a smirk form on their lips, "You're awake."

I can't seem to say anything, I can't even move.

He sits down on the bed, no longer in my line of vision, "Now you understand why I don't enjoy being sedated. It's not a great feeling being drugged to the point you can barely process anything. Of course you're being given a bigger dosage mainly because without it, you would be in a large amount of pain from the bullet wound on your chest."

I start to have trouble breathing. Staggered breaths and I can't seem to release the breaths once I inhale them.

"Hey, what's going on with you? Shit." He stands up off the bed and seconds later I feel a mask of some sort going over my mouth. He holds it over my mouth, "Breath."

I stare up at him and take deep breaths with the oxygen he's giving me. After a good couple breaths my breathing is back to normal. He keeps the mask over my mouth for a little longer, just in case I forgot how to breathe again.

He slowly pulls it away, "Are you okay?"

I continue to stare up at him. I try to form words, but all that comes out is a hoarse mumble.

His face relaxes, "I'll take that as a yes..." he puts the mask back to wherever he got it from and sits back down next to me, "...You should be back to your regular self in a couple days. Until you get better, I suggest you rest."

I feel something being placed against my chest and then I get a stinging sensation. My eyes fill with tears as that's the only thing I seem to be capable of doing at the moment.

"Don't worry, I'm just cleaning your wound. It'll only hurt for a couple more seconds. Just relax." I feel the pressure come off for a second and the stinging stays. I continue to cry silently. He places something over my chest, "There you go. All done."

The stinging slowly fades. I tilt my head towards him slightly. He looks at me with a raised brow, "I'll be going now. I'll be back later. Rest." He gets up and leaves. The door closes signaling he's really gone.

----

The door opens and then shuts again. I hear footsteps making their way towards me. I open my eyes and look up at the person who's standing over me. My eyes widen slightly in fear. The man's face forms a smirk.

I hear the door open again, "V."

The man looks up over towards the door, "Boss."

The man walks closer to the other side of the bed, "Leave."